Thinking of buying 2 TRX2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Here is my only question about them. I have been told there sensitive and im not sure what that means! I live near a mountain with 50 to 100 different towers and stuff and I want to get the most out of my radio but no losing anything. Im trying to attach a photo of the mountain but im not having a lottla luck, They have Microwave towers, cell Towers, Trunk towers, am/fm radio tower, dmr and nxdn towers

Im trying to get a ground shot of what around on google earth but i cant and if you wanna search it you wanna search it its Streaked Mountain in Buckfield Maine

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.2501775,-70.4221967,194m/data=!3m1!1e3

from my house as the crow flies im probably 4 miles straight shot!

Ubbe

Buy one TRX-2 and one BCD536HP and then evaluate which one works best for you at your unique location and setup. Both will probably be usefull to you but at different frequencies or systems.

/Ubbe

trp2525

Buy one TRX-2 and one BCD536HP and then evaluate which one works best for you at your unique location and setup. Both will probably be usefull to you but at different frequencies or systems.

/Ubbe

I believe that is VERY SOUND advice especially in this particular situation. IIRC the OP had problems in the past with PRO-197s having extensive intermod and signal overload at his location on some band(s) while his Uniden BCD996XTs worked much better for him at his location on the same band(s).

TAbirdman

The TRX's should be a lot better than his old Pro-197 for those overload issues! :)

gonefishn1

When you buy the BCD536 it would be a good idea to buy the PROSCAN software.

PROSCAN will let you control the BCD536 from a PC with a wireless connection. PROSCAN also lets you listen to the audio on the same wireless connection, so you can have your Uniden in one room and your PC or laptop in a different room with no wires connecting them allowing you to listen in both rooms.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I am definitely one of the buy everything and see what works best people! My closet full of unused new gear is testament to that, need to do an eBay sell off of the ones that didn't make the cut. I think when you are going to live with your new $500 scanner, taking a $50 hit on selling a very slightly used new loser scanner on eBay is well worth it, rather than being stuck with something you may never be 100% sure works best for you.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.