Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
RIP Paul... hard to believe it was 1 year ago:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
What a coincidence! I was watching a video of him on YouTube demonstrating the Uniden BearTracker 885 Hybrid CB Radio + Digital Scanner last night, then I watched another one of him demonstrating the Uniden Uniden Bearcat 980SSB CB and he had great difficulty speaking due to his on-coming illness and it left me in a very solemn mood for the rest of the evening. I definitely miss Paul and his expertise and enthusiasm!

Scan125

You guys have raised AND appreciated AND given thanks to what Paul did for our Uniden community.

I have to think that this was ALL Paul with his families support (God and peace be with them) and nothing really to do with Uniden as otherwise we would be having John, Mark, ........ filling in behind him from the Uniden stables.

If I've missed that John/Mark/.... chipping here or anywhere then my appologies to them and Uniden.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
I don't believe that you missed the mark, it's just that today we are here to memorialize Paul. We all realize that no man is an island, but Paul was a continent.

Paul was the genius and impetus behind not just the SDS series, but countless other Uniden scanners and radios.

Hope all of you are safe and healthy during this time.

You guys have raised AND appreciated AND given thanks to what Paul did for our Uniden community.

I have to think that this was ALL Paul with his families support (God and peace be with them) and nothing really to do with Uniden as otherwise we would be having John, Mark, ........ filling in behind him from the Uniden stables.

If I've missed that John/Mark/.... chipping here or anywhere then my appologies to them and Uniden.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Wow one year already , the man was fantastic and a great tribute to this hobby...Really miss him,.....

Reactions: wdz

jeffhochberg

Premium Subscriber
I’ve intentionally avoided the Uniden forums until now - after the news about Paul was announced, it saddened me so much that I just couldn’t bear to read any of his posts or any of the posts wishing him well before... well you know. I’m getting sad even now. His contributions were nothing short of incredible and he left such an amazing impression. I followed him for so many years and still have the utmost appreciation for his dedication to the community and the advancement of scanning that really changed the landscape in ways nobody else could imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.