Thinking of upgrading but ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

basenjib123

Hello all, I have a BCT15 that no longer picks up the Worcester Police, etc. I needs some opinions.. I am thinking of going to a digital capable scanner but I worry about encryption. Does anyone know if the WPD is encrypting now or plans to in the near future? If you were located in Central Mass right now would you drop the cash for a digital scanner? I mostly listen to Emergency Services, etc. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
You should get some feedback here, but also check out the forums at Scan New England, the link is in my signature, great local knowledge from great people.

garys

Premium Subscriber
At Scan-ne.net, there is a list of clear Talk Groups that can be scanned. For the police, it's the East and West patrol talk groups, as well as some of the Interop stuff. Everything else for the police is encrypted. Fire doesn't have much, if any encryption. EMS is still on the EDACS system, until they get their new radios. Everything else, is unencrypted.

RobKB1FJR

Premium Subscriber
Unless you live or work in worcester or have a strong interest in monitoring worcester. I don't see the need for a digital scanner in central MA. with the exception of worcester and Leicester Police which are on VHF no one else is currently digital

Status
Not open for further replies.