Third Brake Light NMO Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
User @amoking used one of those on his F350.

Nice option for scanner use, but does not provide a suitable ground plane. For some, like amoking had the large panel sun roof, so not many other options.

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
They're selling Tram accessories so likely Tram NMO mounts. That's a hard pass...

It wouldn't cost much more to use a quality mount, especially considering their prices.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
They're selling Tram accessories so likely Tram NMO mounts. That's a hard pass...

It wouldn't cost much more to use a quality mount, especially considering their prices.

For $329 you’d expect a bit more high end parts. The concept is interesting, but at that price, no thanks.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
If it is a Tram NMO mount, then the coaxial connectors on the end will be junk. I disassembled one of those I picked up a few years ago. one smack with a center punch does not make a proper crimp. Only thing holding it together was the molded strain relief.

amoking

Echo
User @amoking used one of those on his F350.

Nice option for scanner use, but does not provide a suitable ground plane. For some, like amoking had the large panel sun roof, so not many other options.
I love mine. SWR is 1.01 on 2m and my simplex contacts on 2m and 70cm are far and clear with my TM-V71A

Status
Not open for further replies.