Third Party Software Control Packages (SDS 200) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hello,

Eyesight not what it used to be.

Are there any third party software packages available to control (all) operations of
a SDS 200 from a pc ?

Not like Sentinel or ARC or Proscan.
Actual operating control of.

Thanks,
Bob

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Eyesight not what it used to be.

Are there any third party software packages available to control (all) operations of
a SDS 200 from a pc ?

Not like Sentinel or ARC or Proscan.
Actual operating control of.

Thanks,
Bob

ARC and ProScan can Both do Everything (operating control) you can do from the scanners front panel controls when you use either program and put them into virtual control mode. ProScan is basically in virtual control mode at all times.

You will always need Sentinel to do the weekly database updates as well as any new firmwares that may be released.
Both ARC and ProScan also give you full logging.

I'm not sure what more you are asking for!

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

Thanks,

Wasn't familiar with "virtual control," but will look into in, for sure.

Thanks for pointing me.

Bob

If you simply start ProScan, the virtual display of the SDS200's screen is actually an interactive screen. You can click on the keys and knobs just as you can when using the physical radio!
Some of the knobs may need to be clicked on first and then they can be rotated by using the mouse scroll wheel.
I think the Function Knob may require a double click to put it into Function Mode but I could be wrong on that. The virtual display will show the F indicator when the function knob has been selected and it will timeout just like it does when pressing the control on the radio with your finger.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.