Third Party Software for Uniden's BCD536HP Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4EET

Chaplain
I "just discovered" the world of third party software for Uniden's BCD536HP Scanner. So far, I have installed ProScan, ARC536Basic and ARC536Pro. Three questions:

1. Am I correct in saying that these are currently the only three third party applications that support Uniden's BCD536HP Scanner?

2. Am I correct in saying that currently the ProScan software is the only third party software that allows for remote operation and control? It appears that ProScan is what you would use to stream audio from a local trunking system. Correct?

3. Are there any other third party software applications that support Uniden's BCD536HP Scanner? If there are, please provide the application's name and hyperlink to the webpage of the software that I missed.

Thanks for your time and assistance!

73, Dave K4EET :confused:

dsalomon

Premium Subscriber
Those are the only ones I found when I first got my 536. I've used ProScan for a long time with numerous scanners. It's very well done software and, at least for me, was well worth the money. I use it for its remote control capabilities and prefer having the display on my PC screen vs having to turn my head to look at the scanner every time it stops. It's also nice to know that I have a solution when the dreaded screen dimming bug hits my 536 (if they haven't offered a solution by then).

I also use ARC536PRO. I've used Butel "ARC" software with every scanner I've had for a long time now. Uniden has done a pretty good job with their Sentinel software, and I use it most of the time for managing FL and up/downloading to the scanner. The Butel ARC software is definitely easier to use if you need to edit individual entries.

Best regards - David

Status
Not open for further replies.