This Feed is broadcasting TAC channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasby

This feed: "Portage County Fire, EMS and Police" from Portage County, Ohio is broadcasting tac channels.

Toady (11-13-20) between 1200pm and 1245 pm EST there was a countywide manhunt for a dangerous fugitive.

The feed was broadcasting all of the sensitive tactical communications. The cops in the county have already been talking encryption and this feed isn't helping matters!!

Here is the link: Portage County Fire, EMS and Police Live Audio Feed

The tac channels are displayed on the feed. One instance is at 1234 hours but there's lots more.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Have you reported the feed? Posting on here may or may not get the right person attention but if you report the feed from the feed page it will get to the right person.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
This feed: "Portage County Fire, EMS and Police" from Portage County, Ohio is broadcasting tac channels.

Toady (11-13-20) between 1200pm and 1245 pm EST there was a countywide manhunt for a dangerous fugitive.

The feed was broadcasting all of the sensitive tactical communications. The cops in the county have already been talking encryption and this feed isn't helping matters!!

Here is the link: Portage County Fire, EMS and Police Live Audio Feed

The tac channels are displayed on the feed. One instance is at 1234 hours but there's lots more.

Like @IAmSixNine said, you need to report it on the feed. But are you sure they are TAC channels. I don't see any TAC channels listed in the description, and they certainly could be using Dispatch channels. Just because you hear sensitive information doesn't absolutely mean that the feed is broadcasting TAC channels.

Nasby

Like @IAmSixNine said, you need to report it on the feed. But are you sure they are TAC channels. I don't see any TAC channels listed in the description, and they certainly could be using Dispatch channels. Just because you hear sensitive information doesn't absolutely mean that the feed is broadcasting TAC channels.

Well of course it won't be advertised on the feed description. Its a violation. Duh!

The alpha tag on the display for the feed showed: "Tac 8 and Tac 5" while I was listening and watching the feed.

Feel free to listen to the archives and see / hear for yourself.

The activity was clearly sensitive and was NOT on a dispatch channel.

I was also listening on my own scanner to the tac channels and the traffic was the same as those on the feed.

I've reported it to Broadcastify.

jasonk

Feed Provider
They may have patched a tac channel to an area wide channel if multiple agencies were involved. Not sure starting a thread about it serves any purpose.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Well of course it won't be advertised on the feed description. Its a violation. Duh!

The alpha tag on the display for the feed showed: "Tac 8 and Tac 5" while I was listening and watching the feed.

Feel free to listen to the archives and see / hear for yourself.

The activity was clearly sensitive and was NOT on a dispatch channel.

I was also listening on my own scanner to the tac channels and the traffic was the same as those on the feed.

I've reported it to Broadcastify.

TAC1-8 are listed as Interop (not Law Tac). That suggests that they are used by multiple agencies (and not necessarily just law). If I were wanting to broadcast such channels I'd get clarification from Broadcastify.

Law Enforcement Feeds

• Feed providers agree to ONLY broadcast routine dispatch and special events channels and talkgroups for law enforcement agencies.
  • I agree to NOT broadcast dedicated tactical, car-to-car, SWAT, narcotics, detectives or any other channels or talkgroups that are not routine dispatch or special events related.
So perhaps, if they are not dedicated LE TACs, it may be okay for them to be broadcast. And even if it turns out that they are not allowed, I'd say that the feed provider most likely was not purposefully trying to violate TOS.

Just playing devil's advocate.

bemyax

Feed Provider
My feed has interop channels that are multi-tac. If law enforcement goes to use one, unencrypted, for a sensitive operation, I would certainly want someone to get my attention and let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.