This forum just saved me $31 on my Pro-164

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichF

After Christmas I paid $179.99 sale price for my 164. I read a thread saying it is "still" on sale for $149.99, and after some inquiry RS refunded me another $31 bucks!

Is this the beginning of the end of the 164? Will they be blowing them out in a couple of months?

Is digital destined to reder analog useless anytime soon? I just got back into scanning so I've got some catching up (reading) to do.

My primary interest is in railroad scanning, and from what I've read they are reluctant and/or not in a hurry to switch over to digital.

Sorry to digress off topic, but I'm wondering if I should plan on a base model digital, which seem to be pretty pricey at the moment. I remember how the price on my 2052 plummeted from $170 down to $60 in only three months!

Thanks,
RichF.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
After Christmas I paid $179.99 sale price for my 164. I read a thread saying it is "still" on sale for $149.99, and after some inquiry RS refunded me another $31 bucks!

Is this the beginning of the end of the 164? Will they be blowing them out in a couple of months?

Is digital destined to reder analog useless anytime soon? I just got back into scanning so I've got some catching up (reading) to do.

My primary interest is in railroad scanning, and from what I've read they are reluctant and/or not in a hurry to switch over to digital.

Sorry to digress off topic, but I'm wondering if I should plan on a base model digital, which seem to be pretty pricey at the moment. I remember how the price on my 2052 plummeted from $170 down to $60 in only three months!

Thanks,
RichF.

In my area, there is no money to go digital, my analog scanners , pro-97, 107, 164,, and 2055's will have a long life.

Status
Not open for further replies.