"This Group ID can only be accessed by system broadcaster or an admin"

KJ4LZM

"This Group ID can only be accessed by system broadcaster or an admin"

This comes up when I try to listen or add a TG that I don't have on my feed to a playlist.
But I can listen to the archives of that TG. What is the reasoning for this?

Last edited:

KJ4LZM

I was looking through the NC VIPER System to listen to various hospitals and state TG's.
Some of the TG's were 52399, 52483, & 60596

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
We block public access to talkgroups on our system that our terms of service says we don't allow to be broadcasted, however we do allow calls providers to access anything that they send to us as a benefit.

However, the problem here is complex and reprepsents a unique edge case, since you are providing a node on VIPER, but it's not clear if your node captured the traffic or not. The thought process is we want you to capture the entire system and be able to listen to everything you capture, however we don't want the average Joe to be able to listen to SWAT, Ambulance to Hospital etc stuff that our TOS disallows.

Our current environment setup might be more restrictive than necessary, which is causing this. Right now I don't have a definitive answer for how to address this, but this explains what is happening. I'm really going to have to look into this.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
We block public access to talkgroups on our system that our terms of service says we don't allow to be broadcasted, however we do allow calls providers to access anything that they send to us as a benefit.

....Right now I don't have a definitive answer for how to address this, but this explains what is happening. I'm really going to have to look into this.

Thank you, this issue has come up a few times recently.

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber

However, the problem here is complex and reprepsents a unique edge case, since you are providing a node on VIPER, but it's not clear if your node captured the traffic or not. The thought process is we want you to capture the entire system and be able to listen to everything you capture, however we don't want the average Joe to be able to listen to SWAT, Ambulance to Hospital etc stuff that our TOS disallows.

Our current environment setup might be more restrictive than necessary, which is causing this. Right now I don't have a definitive answer for how to address this, but this explains what is happening. I'm really going to have to look into this.
Thanks for this info Lindsay. I haven't ran into this issue myself, but it is valuable to know if I do and better understand the calls platform. I have been turning off talkgroup streaming for TG's that I think wouldn't fit in with the Calls TOS. I figured if it never gets streamed out, it won't upset your group or the source agency.
I think the Calls platform is an amazing tool and love it. I look forward to future enchancements of the service!

Lllsssrrr000

Premium Subscriber
hi
I just watt to ask
I was listening to the LAWIN sistem and wanted to listen to NOPD traffic ops channels but the same message popped up
I'm not a broadcaster but don't know why these particular talkgroups are restricted as they are just traffic opperations
thanks

KJ4LZM

They seem to restrict LE channels based on Service type, like Ops, Tac, Muli-tac, Interop. I can be a bit heavy-handed, but they are trying to avoid broadcasting traffic that is against their TOS.

TOS in regards to LE can be found here...