This is confusing me??? Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimBobTerp

Hi
I have looked over this over and over and over again. It is so confusing to me. I need to know if someone can help me on explain what this all means to a friend of mine. Here is the link if you can give me a bit of help so I can explain it to him in a better way. Since he is NEW into scanning. Thanks so much!

http://www.nc911.org/North_PD_Technical_Bulletin.pdf

James

K9WG

Looks to me if you want to receive North PD you need to program your scanner to 500.5125 MHz. All other frequencies currently in use will be decomissioned.

ocguard

With the completion of the Simulcast project on North PD in 2010 the following frequencies will
be decommissioned on June 28, 2011 at 1200 hours.
 North PD will now be UHF Only.
o UHF RX 500.5125 MHz
o UHF TX 503.5125 MHz
The county has built a "simulcast" repeater system using this radio channel. The repeater-out frequency is the 500.5125 and that is what you should program into your scanner. The repeater-in frequency is the other frequency, and it is what field radios use to access the repeater. The term "simulcast" means that the signal is broadcast simultaneously from more than one transmit location.

 North PD VHF will be decommissioned.
o VHF RX 154.8600 MHz
o VHF TX 158.9700 MHz
 North PD (NW) (Northampton Lehigh PD) will be decommissioned
o VHF RX 155.4900 MHz
o VHF TX 154.6500 MHz

The area now served by the new UHF channel was once served by these two VHF channels, which will be turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.