THIS Is How Uniden Repairs Radios?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
So I sent my 536HP in to Uniden six weeks ago because it went dead one day. No power, nothing. Today I received it back in the mail with this invoice stating one of the things they repaired was the antenna connector (antenna connector for no power???). So I excitedly opened the box so I can hook the scanner back up, and THIS. They repaired the antenna connector with a deformed mis-shaped one??? WTH Uniden!? Obviously I was on the phone within minutes to Uniden customer service. I get to send it back to them for free, but why should I have to 8-( Another six weeks without my scanner 8-(

Mike

Attachments

• Resized_20170301_145746small.jpg
    Resized_20170301_145746small.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 1,281
  • Resized_20170301_145720small.jpg
    Resized_20170301_145720small.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,296
  • Resized_20170301_145729small.jpg
    Resized_20170301_145729small.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 1,394

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
pb_lonny: Nope, box was intact, very nicely protected in a padded envelope and packing paper!

Blackink: You know, I never plugged it in to see! I just boxed it right back up and waiting for the shipping label so I can send it back!

Mike

kmi8dy

i would of bought a bnc bulkhead antenna mount and replaced it my self. very, very easy to do. would have cost you about 8 dollars to do and 30 minites to remove and replace, and you could be listining to it right now.

br0adband

That's damage from being dropped, at least that's my take on it. Nobody would willingly (least I don't think they would) grab a pair of pliers and bend it to that degree, nor would they strike the connector with a hard object but if you dropped it on a bench or floor it would absolutely bend and deform in that particular manner.

Definitely something odd happening there to have had that happen and nobody apparently watching over any quality control, wow. :confused:

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
seems like someone dropped it after it was repaired. maybe whomever was boxing it up. prob dont want to get in trouble, so they shipped it anyway. only way it seems to make sense. i would be really upset with Uniden. these repair campaigns have me looking to buy other scanners. i got the 436 after MUCH research about getting one that is already fixed. but, i wont touch the 536. GRE or something. i am a uniden user from way back. quality control has lost me as a customer for awhile.

kc2kth

Agree it looks like the radio was dropped on the connector. No idea how that damage was missed once the tech knew it had been dropped. Of course I'm assuming Uniden has a policy of one person is responsible for unboxing, repairing, testing, and reboxing for shipment each radio received. I'm pointing out the assumption because this goes to QC and if there are several people responsible for each radio QC could be a nightmare. Personally my experience with Uniden has been the opposite of this. My 436 was repaired and returned in excellent condition. I do hope Uniden can expedite getting your radio repaired properly and returned. Good luck!

Blackink

If the radio did indeed get dropped......on something: the ground, work bench, etc..., I would be telling Uniden to double check to make sure it powers on and off and back on again....at least.

Make sure you tell them that YOU didn't even turn it on once you saw the current damage, the reason it was sent there in the first place!!!

No telling what might have loosened up inside from a drop to do damage like that!

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
I just recently sent my Bcd436HP in for the clock issue, got it back in less than 2 weeks, very quick turn around, and no broken SMA connector.

seth21w

Wow dude that sucks, no telling what other damage could have occured when dropped directly on the bnc connector. I would let them know that they are responsible, but to go in and recheck all boards and connectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.