This is really, really cool...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
IZT R3300 Wideband Receiver Family

Warning, if you enter their web site and read the specifications you will have an uncontrollable urge to drool.

Here's a hint:

Features of IZT R3301

portable HF-VUHF-SHF receiver
frequency 9 kHz - 3 GHz (3 - 18 GHz optional)
continuous recording of 20 MHz RF bandwidth
integrated 2 TB RAID storage and GPS receiver
compact and rugged design for mobile use
extremely low RF emissions

izt_r3301_xl.jpg

SCPD

QRT
Path, it would be scary to know the cost. I would guess in the $50,000-100,000 range easy.

GrumpyGuard

Went surfing the web attempting to find the price of this baby. I could not find it published. So if you have to ask how much, you can't afford it.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
As expensive as this radio is, you would think they would mention if this radio were a SDR - it's not, evidently....Mike

woebbers

If thats the portabe i want to see the Base!. I bet it has a built in recliner and a remote that will finally work my TV and Verizon box correctly.

Sal

PS....I think token has one already and is keeping it a secret! :)

Fast1eddie

Sorta has me thinking that the intell agencies-military and civilian have moved on to something better. Nice unit, would enjoy some hands on time. Can you imagine the size and scope of not only the operating manual but the service manual as well???? Yikes.

D

DaveNF2G

Test equipment always has exciting-sounding features, but you can't sit and listen to it.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Who says?

Both my HP8921 service monitor and my Anritsu Sweep Gear/Spectrum Analyzer have built in demodulators.

The audio is nice enough on the Anritsu that I sometimes use it to listen to the local radio station.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.