This IS "strange"....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka5lqj

Hi All,

I've noticed something rather "strange" on my scanner today. I have Bank 3 set up to
receive the Troop G, Bellevue repeater, Bank 4 to receive the Shreveport repeater and
Band 5 for the Mansfield repeater. In each bank are the proper frequencies.

Like I said, today, I noticed that some of the transmissions did not indicate a "talk group".
Upon further investigation, I discovered the Bank 4 was receiving calls from the bank 3 frequencies, Bank 5 frequencies and even some from other State Offices (Angola?), but
the "talk groups" for those areas were not coming up.

Now, I *know* I programmed each bank seperately and none of those have a "common"
frequency to trunk together with. Are these offices "combining" radio transmissions?
These are all 800 mhz trunked not the 700 mhz LATIE frequencies.

Respectfully,

Don/KA5-LQJ

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
What you are seeing is pretty common up north. Often times Troop F dispatch will cover for G or Troop G dispatch will cover for F. This is a personnel problem (and lets face it, it pretty quite up there :lol: ). Sometimes in the past the dispatcher will multi-select and you may only hear half of the conversation (dispatch side) because you are listening to Troop F dispatch while the dispatcher is actually talking to Troop G (but transmitting on both TG's).

When the patch is established, it depends on which way it is set up as to what TG appears on your scanner, it also depends on the scanner as to what appears. If you were monitoring this using Trunker or UniTrunker you would see the communications as patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.