This Really Grinds My Gears

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
On both this site and Scan Chattanooga, Cleveland, TN. Police frequency 159.210 has CT Code 100.0, and on this site, Alabama Highway Patrol on the same frequency uses CT Code 151.4. Scan Chattanooga doesn't list that frequency for AHP. I heard Cleveland on both.

SCPD

QRT
Why would I hear Cleveland on the frequency with the code for AHP?

Last edited:

n4yek

Have you tried to enter a different code all together to see if you still hear them?
Maybe the pl decoder isn't working or possibly isn't on.
What scanner are you using?

SCPD

QRT
n4yek said:
Have you tried to enter a different code all together to see if you still hear them?
Maybe the pl decoder isn't working or possibly isn't on.
What scanner are you using?

What other code should I enter?
I programmed the codes according to the listing.
Pro-97.

n4yek

Try any codes, this would tell you if your pl decoder is working or not.
If you still are getting the signal through, then check and make sure the pl decode is turn on in the Pro-97.
If you are only getting signal though the decoder on those two pl tones, they might actually be using two of them, why they would is beyond me though.

Viper43

n4yek said:
Try any codes, this would tell you if your pl decoder is working or not.
If you still are getting the signal through, then check and make sure the pl decode is turn on in the Pro-97.
If you are only getting signal though the decoder on those two pl tones, they might actually be using two of them, why they would is beyond me though.

Actually a lot of departments use multiple PL tones for one frequency. Our local sheriffs dept. uses one as F-1 and a second tone on the same frequency for F2 Car to Car

n4yek

Viper43 said:
Actually a lot of departments use multiple PL tones for one frequency. Our local sheriffs dept. uses one as F-1 and a second tone on the same frequency for F2 Car to Car
Stupid me...I was aware of that. Thanks for clearing the fog from my brain, been a long day.

Viper43

n4yek said:
Stupid me...I was aware of that. Thanks for clearing the fog from my brain, been a long day.

No biggy :) Our department here did it to avoid getting another frequency licenced, and they actually have a third tone on the same frequency they use as a talkaround. It gets a bit confusing for those who have no PL tone capability in their scanner as they will hear "go to f2" and they hear them still on F1 or they say go to talkaround and still hear them, then another unit keys up and drowns them out, but with a scanner that has PL tones you hear everything.

SCPD

QRT
RadioJonD said:
mrrandb, if you are programming the tone to avoid interference from AL Troopers, chances are you aren't going to hear them on 159.210 in Chattanooga anyway. To my knowledge, it's not used in any base or repeater configuration.

I can hear a few things in Alabama. I thought I might hear troopers occasionally if they're close enough.

click23

Premium Subscriber
Think that is confusing, I live in Athens, in the county to our north, Monroe, their EMS is dispatched on a frequency that is also used by a VFD in Hamilton county, with the same PL tone. They both come in with about the same strength.

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
At the hairdresser's, past the liquor store.
mrrandb said:
I can hear a few things in Alabama. I thought I might hear troopers occasionally if they're close enough.

It's certainly possible, but the troopers would just about have to be in northeast Jackson County AL or on a high enough mountain somewhere. Skip could make a difference in season too, I s'pose.

Status
Not open for further replies.