This Really Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simpilo

Let me say this is a move by Microsoft to 'buy influence' on the Linux platform. They want to wiggle there sneaky grimey fingers and make a profit off of Linux. Some will cheer it on the wiser will fight back. We don't want the OIN to accept it! Any contrivution from Microsoft seems fishy!

I am not the only one who thinks so.

Stupidfatkid

What's wrong with having ExFAT support in the Linux kernel? BTW - Microsoft is already making a profit off of using Linux. Forty percent of Azure is running on Linux, which means Microsoft's future is dependent on Linux. Microsoft knows the desktop is dead. Their future is in cloud services.

I really think Microsoft has turned a corner since Satya Nadella took over. Microsoft is now one of the largest contributors to the open source community. It's hard to think of Microsoft as anything but predatory, but they've made some significant contributions - Microsoft makes its 60,000 patents open source to help Linux. They've made awesome tools like Visual Studio code open source. While skepticism is a good thing, I think they should be recognized for their contributions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.