thomasville police/fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

REVREID

i have read two different stories about the future of thomasville p d and fire communications.one is that they are going with high point communications,and the other that they are going with guilford county/greensboro.does any one know which is accurate,and when it will take place? thanks for any information.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
They maybe doing the same thing that Cabarrus/Concord TRS was.

See Cabarrus/Concord had there own stand-a-long TRS well over time they found out it was going to be

more cost effective to sign over the system to Char/Meck.

Same thing with the old Mooresville TRS stand-a-long system.

So these local stand-a-long systems signed over to Mecklenburg.

This system has become the UASI regional P-25 trunking system.

The following counties now share this region system.

Char/Meck, Gaston Co., Cabarrus Co., Mooresville City, Union Co., and Stanly Co.

Thomasville is probably signing there stuff over to Guilford, because I read they were looking at a P-25

system as well. Plus the cost replacement parts and infrastructure issues maybe more cost effective to let

someone else worry about were the money will come from and the headaches involved

Guilford maybe looking at a regional system as well.

These Regional systems get all the federal money more than a stand-a-long county would.

I figure before long the following will be classified as regional systems.

Greensboro
Durham
New Hanover
Asheville/Buncombe

Just a thought

David

REVREID

thamks

thanks for the info. i believe burlington is already with greensboro-so this could very well be the plan.davidson county is going viper,but,i read that it may be years before everything is ready.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I am really surprised that Rocky Mount and Tarboro are not working towards sharing a system.

Rocky Mount splits both Nash and Edgecombe Counties

Same thing with Wilson County.

There are a lot of single TRS's out there and with the limited availability of 800 Mhz. frequencies.

Like I said you probably see many of the individual TRS's merging together for increased operability and

cost effectiveness.

Thomasville is sort of like High Point and Tarboro they don't have that many agencies using the system.

The last time I looked at Thomasville they had a lot of fire department private talkgroups more than

anything else.

Hope this helps

David

Status
Not open for further replies.