Thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I've surprised no one has come up with 1 piece of software that you throw two SDR's at and it does the rest for you without running 2-3 different apps. Someone should start a GoFundMe i am sure there are people out there who can do it just need a little $$$ to do it.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Clarification, please. Are you talking about an app that runs multiple SDR's and decodes digital modes or what?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Clarification, please. Are you talking about an app that runs multiple SDR's and decodes digital modes or what?

I"m talking about an app that turns them into a full scanner without all the fuss of running Unitracker, and DSD and virtual cables etc..

Download the software, here is SDR 1 , SDR 2 lets put in the control channels and rock and roll.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Well, Unitrunker and DSD+ do a pretty decent job at that.
It's a good idea in theory to have a "kitchen sink" decoding app or suite, but it would be a huge task to undertake and I don't know if any of the developers would be willing to do that or have the expertise or time...
Also, I would rather have an app that does 1 or 2 things well rather than an app that does 5 things just okay, which would likely be the case. Also, there are quite a few SDR's on the market these days and supporting a fraction of them would be challenging. Great idea, but difficult to implement and support.
If you've ever used MultiMon, you'll see what a monster a kitchen sink app can turn into. Great app, but steep learning curve.

That's my opinion........

Status
Not open for further replies.