THP Frequencies ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRamrod38

I would like to know if anyone has heard any activity on any of the THP 800 MHz Frequencies. I have a BC796D scanner I have entered the frequencies and all I here is a sound that sounds like some type of data transmission. Is there anything else that I need to enter into my scanner to here them. I'm located in middle Tennessee. Any info. would be appreciated.

red8

According to the database the Highway Patrol in Tennessee has 800 frequencies however they are not trunked, they are conventional.
TDC (Dept of Corrections) has a trunked system is used alot by
prisons in the state for prison ops. That's the data base of Radio
Reference under state trunksystems.
red8

randytn

Premium Subscriber
Those frequenices have been allocated for mobile data terminals, to be installed in all THP units. Governor Bredesen has appropriated money in this years budget for a statewide interoperability radio system. I have heard that this system will be a digital 800 Mhz system similar to the AWIN statewide system in Arkansas. Looks like west Tennessee will be the first to get this system, going eastward to cover eventually the whole state. The rugged mountainous region of east tennessee, will pose the biggest problem and the the most costliest of the system. I would say that this system is several years away from being operational statewide.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
The Statewide TRS is to begin in Western TN.. and slowly move East as stated.. naming is still uncertian.... It should also be linked to the NC VIPER, the AWIN, and when MS gets off the ground with its 700... will lionk to it also. It will be most likely 2012 before the TN one is really running.

Last edited by a moderator:

wildbill321tn

hi im wildbill321tn my email is orgy_rebel321@yahoo.com can any one help me locate scanner freq for prison freqs for tenessee such as brushy mountian all tbi state police priviate all sherriff freqs for anderson blount mcmin counties sweet water please any help would be greatfully appericated

n4yek

Look at the top of your screen for the word database and click on it.
Also it is poor etiquette to post into a thread that was started 3 years ago with a topic that is almost totally unrelated. Just start a new thread.
Welcome to Radio Reference and let us know if you need more help on the site. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.