THP Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

poorfarm

Did District 3 of THP change? I have been monitoring them on my RS PRO-197 for at least the last 6 months, Now this AM all I get is a squelch break and no modulation. Any help would be appreciated.

zachgallop

THP Chattanooga Dispatch started dispatching the two districts Knoxville Dispatch usually works at 3:00 PM today. THP District 1 Knoxville and THP District 5 Fall Branch. I figured that there might be a big possibility they were changing stuff...like it was rumored.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Still P25 and normal Ops Nashville Dispatch. They are using ENC on Event 1.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Agree but as buddrousa notes the THP leadership has stated a clear desire to fully encrypt and would not be surprised if it happens.
And it does take time to re-program especially when including the county frequencies many of which are now TACN or similar 700/800 systems.
Plus the man hours. Geez.

TNDispatcher

Premium Subscriber
This system and its radios can be programmed via remote without ever having to take the radio out of service. If they were gonna encrypt dispatch primary then they would of done with when they made all the other ones encrypted.
It's not gonna happen on main dispatch.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Sorry but the site links do not have the bandwidth for reprogramming again I am dealing with a radio tech for the system.
If they encrypt all channels, what will we hear? Nothing on any shared THP channels? I am assuming the MA channels will still be FDMA clear. Do you have a timeline even with all districts?

Status
Not open for further replies.