Thread Closed Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I see the thread for the Corona Virus has been shut down. No reason why? No moderator named? Just shut down.

I also noticed that the second page of the thread is no longer to be seen.

I suspect either we hit a nerve with someone, angered someone, or both, so lets just shut down the thread. Case closed?

It was in the "general discussion" section this website. People were having a general discussion of monitoring the Corona virus.

Some one did not like the topic and it was censored. Perhaps the moderator who closed it could explain it. Greg

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I see the thread for the Corona Virus has been shut down. No reason why? No moderator named? Just shut down.

I also noticed that the second page of the thread is no longer to be seen.

I suspect either we hit a nerve with someone, angered someone, or both, so lets just shut down the thread. Case closed?

It was in the "general discussion" section this website. People were having a general discussion of monitoring the Corona virus.

Some one did not like the topic and it was censored. Perhaps the moderator who closed it could explain it. Greg

Some good info here:

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Some good info here:

Thanks for the info. I would take this up with the moderator, but I do not know who? We were having, what I thought, was a productive chat concerning the virus. I cannot imagine why it was closed??? Greg

Last edited:

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Bob550--I suspect that you are right. All I am saying is that the moderator deleted page 2, I suspect, and closed the thread with no name or explanation. An explanation is asking to much, but I'll shut up before I get into any more trouble that I believe I am in. lol. (not really funny)

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Page 2 was where the thread started heading off-topic with multiple troublesome posts. Forum members would have been able to continue to read these posts long after the thread was closed.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Thanks again Bob, and I do not want to get into any more trouble I suspect I am already in. But are members of RR so fragile that they could not read that page? Perhaps this thread would have gone better in the Uniden Tavern; I don't know. Appreciate it. Greg

slicerwizard

There were definitely stupid posts that claimed that CV is just a political football and that CV is nothing to worry about, so no need to protect yourself or others. So they ignored the ban on discussion of politics and handed out dangerous medical advice, all of which was off topic. And those comments were followed followed by better medical advice - that was also off topic...

bob550

Premium Subscriber
There were definitely stupid posts that claimed that CV is just a political football and that CV is nothing to worry about, so no need to protect yourself or others. So they ignored the ban on discussion of politics and handed out dangerous medical advice, all of which was off topic. And those comments were followed followed by better medical advice - that was also off topic...
It wasn't that these posts were just off-topic, they conveyed questionable information that the posters had no particular expertise in. Anyway, if the Mods shut down and deleted every thread that went off the rails, there'd be nothing to read on this forum. :)

slicerwizard

It wasn't that these posts were just off-topic, they conveyed questionable information that the posters had no particular expertise in.
That's usually where bad advice comes from. You're veering into department of redundancy department territory.

Anyway, if the Mods shut down and deleted every thread that went off the rails, there'd be nothing to read on this forum. :)
Hyperbole.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
It wasn't that these posts were just off-topic, they conveyed questionable information that the posters had no particular expertise in. Anyway, if the Mods shut down and deleted every thread that went off the rails, there'd be nothing to read on this forum. :)
True. Just to clarify, NONE of the info I put out was questionable or incorrect. I made a few statements about viruses and germ warfare only to relate it back to the spread of the CV. No scare tactics, nothing "made up," but all based on sound background knowledge. Thats all. Greg

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I locked the thread because very little of it had to do with monitoring communications concerning the Coronavirus. The fact that a whole page disappeared tells you how much of the thread was off-topic.

And with that, this thread is also closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.