Thread split request

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

primehifi

Would it be possible to have one of the mods split this thread

http://forums.radioreference.com/atlantic-maritime/220552-coming-newfoundland-2.html

beginning at this post: http://forums.radioreference.com/atlantic-maritime/220552-coming-newfoundland-2.html#post1631545

and just call the new thread Scanning Newfoundland.

If possible, I would like to add an opening post to that thread. So should I start a new thread titled "scanning nl" and then ask you guys to split those last few posts from the first thread I stated to the new one?

Thanks guys.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I don't see how one large thread for the whole province would benefit anybody.

Threads are much easier to read and find when their title reflects their content.

P

primehifi

There's just not that much going on here to warrant small individual threads and essentially, it's one large discussion that would evolve over time. One "large" thread for a small area would be very beneficial as all the info would be in one place.

Maybe if the provinces were split the same way the states were, but as Newfoundland is a province that is no where near the rest of the states/provinces it's grouped with in the Atlantic forum, it's difficult sometimes to look at a thread title and know if the thread is on topic of scanning in NL, NS, PEI or NB.

It's not like anyone in Newfoundland will scan anything inside NS, PEI or NB -- though it's possible people in NS will scan from systems in NB, Newfoundland is just too far away.

It would be like putting all the New England states together in one thread.

Your call though, it's just a thought from lurking/using this site over the past 5-6 years.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Generally requests like this need to be reported. This forum isn't for requests unless the OP is looking for public opinion on an action.

P

primehifi

Ahh, apologies.

No action is required. :) I saw "Forums Administration Discussions regarding these forums" and assumed this would be the place.

No worries!

Status
Not open for further replies.