Three days in Toledo (June/July)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Heya Fellows!

I was born in the OLD Toledo Hospital and Lived in Maumee and Waterville till 1979 so Y'all can answer me, I have BUCKEYE blood by Birth.

Just going to spend 3 days in Toledo/Lucas Co. in Mid June. So whats hot? Yes, I have a PRO-106 and PSR-500 I'll be traveling with So I'm good for Digital. Not so much worried about OHP or PD's, but What are the HOT Toledo, Perrysburg, Maume, Waterville, Whitehouse, (Maumee/Toledo [Southwick mall 'if it still exists' area]) more than anything. where am I gonna here the deep UC stuff and the shootings and all that fun stuff?

Thanks Guys

SCPD

QRT
I mean Southwick more as a General area I'd be in .... Were supposed to have dinner at Dominicks Italian, Cruise over to Put-in-Bay spend the day at Cedar Point, Visit the old hood in Maumee (Maumee Meadows) Personally I'd rather go sit in Black Crown vic in North Toledo (By Saint V's, Hospital and make the gangsters paranoid ..... So anyways, Whats some of the HOPPING ID's on the radio systems.

Thanks

ctpd845

Feed Provider
You will hear the most action on the Toledo Police "South" and Central" talkgroups on the Lucas County System. Lucas County Public Safety Trunking System, Toledo, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies The sheriff's dispatch talkgroups can also get busy at times. In the summer the east end departments in ottawa county get busy with all the people coming back from the islands. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1354 Most of the action will be on the sherrif dispatch talkgroup. Port Clinton Police also get busy in the summer http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2101
I live to far away to scan but I assume that Perkins Township and Sanduksy Police are busy with the travelers to and from Cedar Point Erie County, Ohio (OH) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

You could also program in the Ohio Marcs System, although in this part of the state you will mostly hear the highway patrol, lifeflight and Medcorp EMS.

Star56

Premium Subscriber
Toledo has degenerated into a 21st century version of MadMax. A week does not pass without rapes, murders, home invasions. I am not joking. Travel east of Talmage road at your own risk. The Southwyck area devolved into drug-Ho thugland as has much of the city. All of the malls have closed with the exception of Westfield (Franklin Park) It is headed down the same road as the other malls. Walk the mall on the weekend and experience the glories of multiculturalism!

If you have a concealed gun permit think about carrying on your trip. It may save your life. I would not dare travel through Toledo without my Glock on my hip.

Tom in his Sylvania redoubt

Last edited:

bwh

Another Maumee Expat!

Imagine my surprise...

MHS '74, BGSU '79. My father still lives in Maumee and I'll be heading up there in June to visit. Have all the agencies in Lucas County joined in with the Project 25 system? If so, looks like a digital scanner is in my near future.

Yes, Toledo is a wasteland. Has been for some time. They never got the memo that the auto industry is dead and keep waiting for the 'Big 3 Resurgence'. Keep hope alive! Makes for some good scanner listening, though.

Maumee, however, still seems as charming as ever.

SCPD

QRT
Imagine my surprise...

MHS '74, BGSU '79. My father still lives in Maumee and I'll be heading up there in June to visit. Have all the agencies in Lucas County joined in with the Project 25 system? If so, looks like a digital scanner is in my near future.

Yes, Toledo is a wasteland. Has been for some time. They never got the memo that the auto industry is dead and keep waiting for the 'Big 3 Resurgence'. Keep hope alive! Makes for some good scanner listening, though.

Maumee, however, still seems as charming as ever.

74? wow, I was a second grader at Anthony Wayne [Trails] Elementary School in 74. (And well on my way to irritating them Nun's at St. Joseph's on Sunday)

Sounds like a deplorable City still. I have not been there since 92/93 Good thing my reservations are in Sandusky! Be nice to see the old Locks at that park over on River Rd. in Maumee on the river. Waterville might be a nice visit too. Would have graduated Whitehouse High if we had not moved down South in the Mass Exodus of 1979.

Thanks for the info. Since I'll be flying into & Out of Toledo Express a little, I guess I'll program up the Guard frequencies also. I sure hope Northern Michigan proves to be as exciting as Toledo sounds.

Josh

Toledo has degenerated into a 21st century version of MadMax. A week does not pass without rapes, murders, home invasions. I am not joking. Travel east of Talmage road at your own risk. The Southwyck area devolved into drug-Ho thugland as has much of the city. All of the malls have closed with the exception of Westfield (Franklin Park) It is headed down the same road as the other malls. Walk the mall on the weekend and experience the glories of multiculturalism!

If you have a concealed gun permit think about carrying on your trip. It may save your life. I would not dare travel through Toledo without my Glock on my hip.

Tom in his Sylvania redoubt

Good Lord, someone is paranoid!

I was in Toledo, downtown yesterday. Run down yes... over-ridden with crime? Not that was apparent. This isn't Detroit we're talking about here! Franklin Park mall wasn't "headed down the same road as the other malls" either, I didn't notice a single store vacancy in the place, it looked well traveled and loved- They're even getting a Mongolian BBQ next month.

If things to you are that bad to you in Ohio, then I'd hate to hear what you have to say about the area in which I live (SE Michigan/Detroit).

kdkoch

You know, I live and work in Toledo. In my job I can listen to my scanner all day long. I only have TPD Central and South loaded up. There are days when the radio is just going and going. I just love being at work in the North End and hear about another home invasion about a block from my house in the South End.

Only need to save a few more pennies and then I'm heading for the hills.

jackj

Dead???

You know, I live and work in Toledo. In my job I can listen to my scanner all day long. I only have TPD Central and South loaded up. There are days when the radio is just going and going. I just love being at work in the North End and hear about another home invasion about a block from my house in the South End.

Only need to save a few more pennies and then I'm heading for the hills.

Which hills are you heading for?

Southwyck Mall is no more because Carty (the junior-past mayor) wouldn't let the police enforce the law or roust the rowdies. People got tired of being hassled and shopped elsewhere. Northtown Mall is closed down, they just never seemed to have had much business from the day they opened. But others are doing fine. I live about 20 miles west of Toledo and regularly go into the Holland area. Spring Meadows shopping center seems to be quite busy. Levis Commons - Town Center in Perrysburg looks to be doing well also. Toledo, like most cities today, is hurting but it isn't the bomb-out series of vacant lots and rubble that Detroit has turned into. Enjoy your visit.

SCPD

QRT
Which hills are you heading for?

Southwyck Mall is no more because Carty (the junior-past mayor) wouldn't let the police enforce the law or roust the rowdies. People got tired of being hassled and shopped elsewhere. Northtown Mall is closed down, they just never seemed to have had much business from the day they opened. But others are doing fine. I live about 20 miles west of Toledo and regularly go into the Holland area. Spring Meadows shopping center seems to be quite busy. Levis Commons - Town Center in Perrysburg looks to be doing well also. Toledo, like most cities today, is hurting but it isn't the bomb-out series of vacant lots and rubble that Detroit has turned into. Enjoy your visit.

Does Mud Hen Stadium still exist? They had a Nice LARGE swimming Pool over by it with a three level platform High dive. Was a nice way to blow off a hot summer day without getting hit by a lake boat in the Maumee Bay ...

kdkoch

It's now called Ned Skeldon Stadium and the Mud Hens don't play there anymore. They have a very nice facility downtown called Fifth Third Field. That is worth checking out. The pool is still there. Not sure if it will be open this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.