Three Rivers Festival & 8 Meters

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddogdecker

I was wondeing if anybody knows what:
Three Rivers Festival freqs are? It's a local event in Ft. Wayne.

I'm not real knowledgeable about Ham stuff. But what range does 8 meters run on? Can I listen it on the scanner?

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Maybe they were talking about 80 meters. It's a popular band for in-state communications.

Last edited:

brentoli

Deactivated Duplicate Account
Banned
See the PDF file above. It has all of the "meter bands" minus 11 meters. The CB radio band.

W9NES

Again there is no"8 meters in the Amateur Radio Service" as W9RXR stated and I will also tell you the same thing they were talking about "80 meters" on HF.If you wish to monitor this band you will have to get a communications HF receiver that will pick up the HF frequencies 160-10Meters and these can be bought at a Hamfest from $50.00 on up in working condition" If you request any further infomation please feel free to pm me anytime as my "Door is always open" Best Requards,Tim DeLong Ham Radio Operator W9NES Marion County,Indiana

maddogdecker

Thanks All!! I just like to hear the Ham Operators during the storms that hit around me. Sometime I will just listen to them to see what's going on.

W9NES

I did a look up for you and the frequency you would need to listen to would be 147.015.This is the frequency you would need to listen to during severe wather in the your area.The repeater is in Auburn and the infomation was found in "The ARRL Repeater Directory for 2007-2008" hopes this helps you and I hope you become intrestred in serving your community thru Ham Radio.Best Requards,Tim DeLong W9NES Ham Radio Operator,Marion County,Metro Indianapolis,Indiana

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The National Weather Service office at North Webster, Indiana, covers northeastern Indiana, northwestern Ohio, and southwestern Michigan. The Skywarn group that serves the North Webster office is IMO Skywarn.

You can find a complete list of the repeaters used by IMO Skywarn and the counties that feed into IMO Skywarn at http://www.imoskywarn.org/frequencies.html. The 147.015 repeater in Auburn that was previously mentioned only serves Dekalb County. Allen County uses the 146.880 repeater.

IMO Skywarn has an interesting approach to communications. They have divided their coverage area into "quads". Each county Skywarn net reports into a quad repeater in order to deliver traffic to the NWS at North Webster.

Status
Not open for further replies.