Three Second Burst

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaleinWV

I admit up front that I just got this scanner, trying to copy my work frequency at home. got the frequency, but the guy warned me every few seconds I'd get that signal burst - or click - that I never hear with the radios at work, but hear it at home. Just got a RS digital scanner.... A setting I can change, perhaps, that will eliminate this doggone click??

cubn

Database Admin
What frequency are you trying to monitor and in what city? You could see if that frequency is already in the RadioReference database under the county where you work. From your username, I assume you are in W. Virginia.

Try this page: http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&stid=54

See if the frequency is listed under any of the trunked systems in your county.

It may be an LTR Passport system, but that is only a guess (since you said the clicks happen every three seconds). If so, no scanner can properly track an LTR Passport system. Regular LTR systems can be tracked by some scanners, but not by the Pro96.

DaleinWV

Three Second Burst -

From the paperwork in office files, it reflects the frequency as UHF LTR. Guess that means, I'll lock that one out...

tks for the advice.

dale

Using a system provided by TWR Communications
Found the freqs on this site.

Joseph11

It's a Standard LTR system, so you can program it into a scanner. However, the RadioShack PRO-96/2096 does not support LTR TrunkTracking, so you will have to use another scanner (PRO-97/2055).

Status
Not open for further replies.