Thruway

Status
Not open for further replies.

k2hz

Database Admin
All zones alternate 453.425/453.525 between adjacent towers. It should be on one or the other if you are near the Thruway.

yankees1013

All zones alternate 453.425/453.525 between adjacent towers. It should be on one or the other if you are near the Thruway.
I tried both Hear nothing I have 436 HP scanner let if you could try Appreciate let me know if you hear anything

k2hz

Database Admin
I am not in your area. I provide a Zone 4 Broadcastify Feed along with another provider that does Zone 3. But, I am sure Zones 1 & 2 are still as listed on the RRDB.

What Thruway interchanges are you near?

yankees1013

I am not in your area. I provide a Zone 4 Broadcastify Feed along with another provider that does Zone 3. But, I am sure Zones 1 & 2 are still as listed on the RRDB.

What Thruway interchanges are you near?
87 spring valley ny

k2hz

Database Admin
There is supposed to be a tower at the Spring Valley toll barrier so you should have a good signal. The next nearest tower is Sloatsburg service area. Frequency is either 453.425 or 453.525 PL 97.4.

yankees1013

There is supposed to be a tower at the Spring Valley toll barrier so you should have a good signal. The next nearest tower is Sloatsburg service area. Frequency is either 453.425 or 453.525 PL 97.4.
I’ve tried both no transmission on either maybe it’s down anyway you could check?

k2hz

Database Admin
I’ve tried both no transmission on either maybe it’s down anyway you could check?
It is very unlikely the system is down. Is there anyone on here in the Rockland County area that can check?
Even if the Spring Valley tower was down, I think you would probably hear at least a weak signal from Sloatsburg or Taxter Rd (Elmsford) towers.

yankees1013

Thanks for that Not able to receive put it into custom search nothing any suggestions others police no problem what kind of unit are you using

nyscan

How close are you to the Thruway...that could be an issue. Have you ever received it at your location?

Bob1955

87 spring valley ny
yankees1013, the Spring Valley tower is 453.525 with a 97.4 PL. They switch back and fourth the entire thruway length. Example, Taxter Tower near the Mario Cuomo Bridge is 453.425 with a 97.4 PL. That PL is used up to New Paltz, then it becomes 123.0 PL and Albany dispatch.
Hope this helps you out.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
I Am Over in Northern Westchester, My 996P2 Picks them up fine. I Travel to the GSP every day and hear them well into Jersey as well. Check Your antenna to make sure everything is getting received correctly, then a common mistake is checking your programming and make sure you don't have them on Lockout or Avoid. I would also suggest going outside to see if you can pick them up.

The Mario Cuomo Bridge

It is and forever will be known as The Tappan Zee Bridge!

yankees1013

I appreciate your feedback I was very close to the Thruway used to pick them upAlso try to direct entry not able to get Them How do you set pl On an Handheld scanner Uniden If anyone knows how to I’m able to get middletown Palisades state police

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
middletown Palisades state police
Those are basically two or three separate agencies, if I'm even understanding what you're trying to ask.
  • SP Middletown (Orange County patrols) now operates on the Orange County trunked system
  • SP Haverstraw (Palisades Interstate Parkway patrols) operate on the Rockland County trunked system
  • State Park Police Palisades Region "Bear Mountain" also operates on the Rockland County trunked system
You don't have much chance of picking up the Orange County system from the Spring Valley area.

Status
Not open for further replies.