Thunder Bay area

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber

Northerner71

I read that I only needed to enter a control channel, but when I do that all I see is numbers appear on my screen. Does anyone know if the source in Thunder Bay programs scanners?

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Foreget the Source, I'd bet they could not figure out to plug in a extension cord much less program a scanner.

I dont have the scanner you have but there is a sticky up here in this section for a Pro96 which i guess is similiar.
Failing that ask how to program in fleetnet in the Radio Shack or GRE forums.
Putting in the control channel only is ok. You will see other channels pop up, as long as you have set the offset and ranges & such you will be fine.

mciupa

Database Admin
p_liscomb said:
Thanks, I manually searched for frequencies and entered them in. It doesn't sound like I am missing any talk I just can't block out MTO

You can by pushing HOLD when those MTO TG's show up , then push L/O .
Resume searching.

OR.. Scan in Closed Mode after you have made up some scan lists of only the talkgroups you are interested in and then you don't have to bother with unwanted traffic.

Welcome to RadioReference. :)

Northerner71

thanks for the advice. I have to get this thing working right. Man scanning got hard. I just wish I could know if there is much for me in the frequency data base, zone 4 is still new. Anyone here actually from Thunder Bay?

MetalCarnage

p_liscomb said:
thanks for the advice. I have to get this thing working right. Man scanning got hard. I just wish I could know if there is much for me in the frequency data base, zone 4 is still new. Anyone here actually from Thunder Bay?

I live in TBay 8 months of the year, i have a BCD396 and currently get Fleetnet (OPP and MOH is all i scan from this system), Thunder Bay Fire, TBay Airport and a couple other smaller systems. Used to scan Thunder Bay Police until those tools spent a LOT of money getting a Provoice or equivalent MA/COM system that is unscannable

EDIT: Am living in thunder bay right now until April 25

Northerner71

where else do you live? our family farm is right by the Dutch Oven. Last night I had a huge break through and got my radio working perfectly. I am actually from Geraldton but everything we get now is out of Thunder Bay. I just wish I knew all the call signs, from what I gather echo is Greenstone, golf is Marathon and romeo is a tricky one, sometimes they say they are in Geraldton other times Thunder Bay.

MetalCarnage

p_liscomb said:
where else do you live? our family farm is right by the Dutch Oven. Last night I had a huge break through and got my radio working perfectly. I am actually from Geraldton but everything we get now is out of Thunder Bay. I just wish I knew all the call signs, from what I gather echo is Greenstone, golf is Marathon and romeo is a tricky one, sometimes they say they are in Geraldton other times Thunder Bay.

I live in Ajax Ontario (outskirts of the Greater Toronto Area) in the summer, and Thunder Bay in the winter

Since Fleetnet has only been up and running up here for a short time i have yet to figure out callsigns either

SpaceMan

p_liscomb said:

if im not mistaken...from what ive been told
2golf - geraldton
2echo - marathon
2hotel - nipigon/terrace bay
2mike - thunder bay
2alpha - armstrong

2bravo if i was going to guess is the nishnabek police but i dunno

romeo is conservation officers i think

Status
Not open for further replies.