Thunder in the Valley, Johnstown, Cambria County

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPenguin

Did anyone scan this event?

I did a little bit of scanning and found out the use of two channels.

I found GMRS Ch. 15 - 462.55 and a frequency registered to Brinks Security (467.8125). Even though it was a security company frequency, I was hearing event things like ticket sales and more.

Did anyone get the CTCSS/DCS tone, if any, on the 467.8125 mainly?

Also, does the 467.8125 count as a "Special Event" frequency for the database, since it was confirmed for at least 2 days at the event?

druhe

Premium Subscriber
Did anyone scan this event?

I did a little bit of scanning and found out the use of two channels.

I found GMRS Ch. 15 - 462.55 and a frequency registered to Brinks Security (467.8125). Even though it was a security company frequency, I was hearing event things like ticket sales and more.

Did anyone get the CTCSS/DCS tone, if any, on the 467.8125 mainly?

Also, does the 467.8125 count as a "Special Event" frequency for the database, since it was confirmed for at least 2 days at the event?
The PL for 467.8125 is 110.9. This is NOT a special event frequency as these radios are rentals and will go away Monday or Tuesday.

RedPenguin

Oh, nvm, LoL

The PL for 467.8125 is 110.9. This is NOT a special event frequency as these radios are rentals and will go away Monday or Tuesday.
Oh, I kinda figured that, but wasn't sure.

Out out curiosity, who is the rental place?

Also, I assume that next year's Thunder in the Valley and/or Folk Fest's can easily be on different frequencies each year? That being if they use radios each time?

Also, do you know if security was on the frequency as well? They had Corporate Security and I never really heard them at all, just mainly ticket people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.