Thunder over louisville 5 days away

Status
Not open for further replies.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Plz, make a good list so we can post it for upcoming years... Unfortunately most of my scanning will be in Versailles for the Federal Escapee hunt..... no new freqs, just trying to find this Boston bad boy (I want to interview him) who has been lost in the suburbs for three days!

SiuDude2

I happen to be staying at the Galt House for work and I have a nice partial view of the river.
Does anyone know if there is a UHF frequency for the airboss? They're doing radio checks on 132.325 right now.

SiuDude2

450.4875 is the frequency for the TV station doing the live broadcast. You can hear the director talk to cameras who are monitoring on wireless headsets throughout the venue. The production trailer is located at 4th Ave and the river.

trashman43

Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
Monitored from Central KY, the day of Thunder

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Plz, make a good list so we can post it for upcoming years... Unfortunately most of my scanning will be in Versailles for the Federal Escapee hunt..... no new freqs, just trying to find this Boston bad boy (I want to interview him) who has been lost in the suburbs for three days!

This can be kept in the wiki (hint, hint) :D

73 Mike

jerk

Part of the trouble with an accurate list for this Thunder was they were out playing at JPG and Buckeye too, so you had three active Mil-UHF users on the same day.

Close call or signal stalker would have been great at Thunder but I didn't go.

trashman43

Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
I agree 100%, thats why I said they were monitored "the day of Thunder".

Part of the trouble with an accurate list for this Thunder was they were out playing at JPG and Buckeye too, so you had three active Mil-UHF users on the same day.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus

You could concentrate on the civilian VHF freqs (airboss, Unicom, etc.) and the freqs used by the various coordinating groups (for example, was CAP doing traffic control, freqs used by the organizers, any studio transmitter links for reports during the show, what about any special talkgroups or freqs used by public safety for the event, the linked ham repeaters and so on). The acts might be a little harder; certainly the civilian acts could be documented, but it might be harder to isolate the freqs used by the military acts because of all of the other activity.

Still a lot you could document, though 73 Mike

Last edited:

jerk

I agree 100%, thats why I said they were monitored "the day of Thunder".

The VHF ones are active MOA frequencies for this area. One or two of the UHF ones are as well.

My files are a mess but I'll attach

Attachments

• Thunder.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Indiana-Ohio.zip
    7 KB · Views: 26

RTV1130

Premium Subscriber
Thunder 2011

Gentlemen,

Despite weather that looks less than perfect, I still plan on making the trip to Thunder again this coming Saturday. Last year, my HT (at the time an old DJ-560) failed to work when I intended to speak with you guys on 2-meters. I have upgraded so if possible, I should be able to communicate this time.

It looks like they have a very good line up of military stuff this year, so if the weather holds out, it could be out-standing.

Are you guys posting any info of what you are hearing as things progress this year? Am I on the right forum (could not find another)?

Rod Villari
KJ4IAM

Status
Not open for further replies.