Thunder over Michigan 2021 Ypsi airshow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xray

Here is a thread concerning the upcoming TOM show Aug 7/8 at Willow Run airport in Ypsilanti MI.

Great show, in addition to the Thunderbirds who have been booked for a while, they just added the Blue Angels, not often they fly the same venue and have never seen it done myself. Also have F-18 demo team and F-35. Am hoping for more jets but not much incentive for any statics since people can't leave their car area.

Discuss frequencies here and also viewing areas around the airport, of which I am a master. Odd covid rules drive in format this year, $185 per car for half a show. Can't see paying near that much so I'll have to pass, though I usually buy something to support the show even when viewing from the perimeter.
As most of you likely know, the 2 days preceding the show are almost always better than the show itself, so I'll be there 4 days in a row if I can and if weather permits - I plan on having a couple scanners fired up of course.

Apparently, the Tbirds and F-35 demo are staging from Selfridge, so unfortunately no take offs or landings for those ,, But they would fly their practice/marking routines same as usual.

tmadine

X-ray, could you make a few suggestions about viewing areas that might not be blocked off?
Thanks

hanlonmi06

Premium Subscriber
...heard them streak by my house while I was out in the yard. Saw a diamond formation, trailing smoke, and a straggler bringing up the rear. It never ceases to amaze me how friggin loud they are. They were headed from the west towards the east, south of 94.

diskmonger

139.8125 CSQ - Blue Angels Comm Cart
142.6125 PL 67.0 - Blue Angels Comm Cart
284.250, 275.350, 305.500, 237.800, 255.200, 246.500 - Blue Angels
255.150 - F-35 Demo Team
149.650, 235.250 - Thunderbirds
122.475 - A-10 Demo "Hawg 1"

tmadine

Thanks for the freqs, guys.
139.8125 CSQ - Blue Angels Comm Cart
142.6125 PL 67.0 - Blue Angels Comm Cart

Were these AM or NFM?

InOverMyHead

Haven’t tried to play with my scanner for over a year. I HATE it. Do not purchase a Whistler TRX-1. The software is not user friendly. The scanner is not user friendly. I should have purchased a Uniden but the idiots at Zip Scanner and people at other websites told me to get this. Anyway, I tried to listen to airports like Willow Run and DTW couldn’t figure it out. Tried to listen to the frequencies listed above. Couldn’t figure it out. Man would I like my money back so I can get a Uniden 😡
With any luck, maybe some of you heard them on Thursday, Friday, yesterday or will be able to hear them today.
Btw - my uncle has tons of Uniden scanners. They seem to be more user friendly and the software on his laptop also seem user friendly (compared to Whistler).

InOverMyHead

X-ray, could you make a few suggestions about viewing areas that might not be blocked off?
Thanks
You can watch the show from the Meijer parking lot. I know people who have had good views from there and there are bathrooms 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.