Thunderbirds and Blue Angels

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbluemsp

I'm in Michigan and I was wondering what frequencies the Military Show Aricraft runs on?

Can anyone help me with this please?

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
though this information is accurate, remember that those frequencies change. According to what the blue angeles website says, it is for security reasons, and they dont want everyone to know exactly what each frequencies is, so they switch it up.

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
SEMTTP said:
though this information is accurate, remember that those frequencies change. According to what the blue angeles website says, it is for security reasons, and they dont want everyone to know exactly what each frequencies is, so they switch it up.

Not enntirely true. It is true that the frequencies change, but historically, they draw from a common pool.

check out this thread for a Uniden configuration of the MT Airshow article.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
b52hbuff said:
Not enntirely true. It is true that the frequencies change, but historically, they draw from a common pool.

check out this thread for a Uniden configuration of the MT Airshow article.

And near the base of that thread, a zip file that has Excel worksheets for both groups. Unzip it, bring it into Excel, change the needed worksheets to .csv and many of the better programs can pick up the data directly from the .csv files. Or you can copy/paste, if you're using Scancat Lite Plus. 73s Mike

[edit] Actually this thread exists in the Aircraft forum...

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37970

Last edited:

CORN

Premium Subscriber
I got a good view of the Angels tanking up this morning. They flew just to the east of my back yard in a south to north direction. It was neat seeing a KC-135 UPSET 51 and 6 F/A-18's together. And being able to hear them too. Comms W/UPSET were 289.8 and a2a was "show center" 284.25 and 237.8. Enjoy the show if you go.

nexus

Another good resource is http://www.milaircomms.com/

This site has callsigns, frequencies, and he even has recorded audio from performances. So if you wanna go listen to what it'll sound like on your scanner go check out that site first. Some pretty cool recordings..

And remember don't forget to set your radio/scanner on AM MODE. Last person on here forgot to do that and could never make out anything the pilots were saying because he left the scanner on FM.

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
284.250 was what they used during their stop-off in the UK.

Think they used other freqs for A2A but that's the one I heard in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.