Thunderbirds In Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanaholic

The mighty Air Force Thunderbirds are in Abilene for an air show this weekend.

Was wondering if anyone has a good frequency for them?

Thanks-

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I'd imagine the 2009 MT Air Show Guide is still applicable. The T-Birds haven't changed much the past few years. You could always be the first to have breaking new frequencies for 2010 though...

KE7JHC

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Yep, check monitoring times. Been too busy here to do any scanning, but I can see them parked on the flightline from my office window right now...

scanaholic

Wow, we must be neighbors! I'm over on Alamo Drive! Howdy, neighbor!

Just read your profile. Looks like you're in the Air Force. A hat's off for defending our fine country, sir.

Last edited:

scanaholic

Do you check into the information net ran by Peg, KA4UPA on Thurs. nights? She's a church member where I'm a member, can play a great piano and sings like a bird.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
No, they're just demonstartions for the taxpayers. Kind of a "thank you for supporting us, come see what your boys/toys can do."

I'd bet the majority of the demos at airshows now are corporately sponsored though. Just begin to google airshow schedules and you'll see that there are as many private/corporate demo times as there are military demo teams. Also, a lot of old historic and modern aircraft on static display.

Status
Not open for further replies.