Thunderbirds Show At FE WArren AFB On July 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
I see despite Cheyenne Frontier Days cancellation the Thunderbirds will fly on July 22 as scheduled. According to the press release I saw they will also have the F-22 and F-35 demo teams, and fly bys by a B-1, B-2, C-130 and a B-52. Usually the fighter demo teams use only one plane but I'm wondering what the coordination or Air Boss frequency will be. Any ideas?

milcom_chaser

We've had success standing near the Airboss/Airshow, trailer/platform, and using 'Close Call' to capture coms.

tyytor

Hi Wyoming Eagle Tribune news paper (Cheyenne) said same thing, also the demo and fly overs are still on, so far ??

Zz09876

Bummer... Thunderbirds are cancelled.

Way back in the 1990s I logged the Airshow Coordinator on 257.8 MHz.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Bummer... Thunderbirds are cancelled.

Way back in the 1990s I logged the Airshow Coordinator on 257.8 MHz.
257.8 MHz I believe is the military side of the Cheyenne Muni Airport tower.

I'm hearing that pretty much everything except the F-22 and F-35 demos are cancelled....

Last edited:

KG7JEV

Premium Subscriber
The schedule as of 7/15 shows we will have; The AF academy Wings of blue jump team, 2 ship B1-B flyover, C-130 fly by for 2 passes, KC-46 flyover, A-10 demo, F-35 demo, F-22 demo. I've heard there will be some UH-1s from Warren AFB doing some demos as well.

I can confirm the A-10, F-22, and F-35 x2 are currently on deck. Should be pretty cool even thought the T-birds won't be here. It's cool to see some new airframes here as well as some that haven't been in several years.

KG7JEV

Premium Subscriber
I see despite Cheyenne Frontier Days cancellation the Thunderbirds will fly on July 22 as scheduled. According to the press release I saw they will also have the F-22 and F-35 demo teams, and fly bys by a B-1, B-2, C-130 and a B-52. Usually the fighter demo teams use only one plane but I'm wondering what the coordination or Air Boss frequency will be. Any ideas?
I'm working inside today, but can hear military jets outside. Someone messaged me and said they saw 2 F-22's and an A-10 in formation. Maybe some sort of heritage flight practice for tomorrow?

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
I'm working inside today, but can hear military jets outside. Someone messaged me and said they saw 2 F-22's and an A-10 in formation. Maybe some sort of heritage flight practice for tomorrow?
Wouldn't surprise me.... My plans changed and I won't be there tomorrow. Good hunting!

KG7JEV

Premium Subscriber
It's a little late, but FWIW. I heard the demo teams on their usual published freqs. The Huey's were using 271.9 and the heritage flight on 122.475. Might be worth adding for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.