tiawah466 (Randy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
FYI - Dealt with Randy and he is an excellent person to deal with. Had a problem getting the scanner to hook up, but called him and he walked me through it. I would buy/sell/trade with him again in the future. He's a good guy and not someone thats gonna burn you.

Joe Tomaso aka joetnymedic

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
UPS Damaged the unit - fun, fun, fun

While dealing with Randy has been ok, there was a bit more of a problem with the scanner than just programming. UPS damaged the box and appearently damaged a component and after programming, we can't get the unit to recieve. UPS is being a bit of a pain, but so far both Randy and I have been working to try and get the matter resolved. I'll keep you all posted as to progress. Hopefully, they'll just fix it and I'll be happy with the scanner as I use them now not only to monitor for fun, but I shoot for both my local paper and 1stresponder newspaper. Check out the CT stories at www.1strespondernews.com. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Joe T.

tiawah466

my dad sent the paper work to the other ups place, i did not learin this untill tonight. i stopped at the fire station to pick up something i had left there, next i iknow i am on a truck for several runs. My schedule is goofy at best this week I will deal with what ever makes you happy. i also found my other 2067 and it still works. I will call when I have a chance. I live on a large wroking farm and it takes up a good portion of my day. I will make this right for JOE

tiawah466

Home | About UPS | Contact UPS | Getting Started @ UPS.com

UPS United States

Tracking

Track by Tracking Number
Track by E-mail
Import Tracking Numbers
Track by Reference Number
Track by Freight Tracking Number
Track by Freight Shipment Reference
Track with Quantum View
Void a Shipment
Help

Log-In User ID: Password: | Forgot Password

Track by Tracking Number
View Details

Delivered on: 08/11/2006 12:27 P.M.
Delivered to: WEST HAVEN, CT, US
Shipped or Billed on: 08/07/2006

Tracking Number: 1Z W68 R10 03 6914 216 8
Service Type: GROUND
Weight: 7.00 Lbs

Package Progress:

Location Date Local Time Activity
ORANGE, CT, US 08/14/2006 10:44 A.M. DAMAGE INSPECTION SCHEDULED
ORANGE, CT, US 08/11/2006 12:27 P.M. DELIVERY
08/11/2006 6:58 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
08/11/2006 1:21 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
STRATFORD, CT, US 08/11/2006 1:11 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
STRATFORD, CT, US 08/10/2006 1:40 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
EARTH CITY, MO, US 08/08/2006 9:39 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
08/08/2006 7:35 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
TULSA, OK, US 08/07/2006 9:39 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
08/07/2006 8:05 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 08/07/2006 6:47 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 08/15/2006 2:38 A.M. Eastern Time (USA)

NOTICE: UPS authorizes you to use UPS tracking systems solely to track shipments tendered by or for you to UPS for delivery and for no other purpose. Any other use of UPS tracking systems and information is strictly prohibited.

Home | Shipping | Tracking | Support | Business Solutions | About UPS | Contact UPS | Register | Getting Started | Site Guide | Advanced Search | UPS Global | UPS Corporate

Copyright © 1994-2006 United Parcel Service of America, Inc. All rights reserved.
Web Site Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Trademarks | Tariff | Terms and Conditions of Service

Dont worry Joe, you will no get cheated on the deal me, i have another scaner just lke the one I Sent you.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
Thank You Randy,
As I said in my post - you (Randy) is working with me to resolve this issue. From my point of view at this time, UPS are the ones being the idiots, I guess when you have a couple million customers, who cares if you do someone wrong. My optimal resolution will be to get a 2067 that works and I'll be happy. Hopefully UPS will treat the b ox and the scanner with a bit more respect.

Joe

Radio1114

Jut a suggestion,Why don,t you take this to PM,s or emails.This way it doesn,t tie up the board.And your private info is private not for everyone to see.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
replacement sent

Well,
Here it is 8/22 and I originally got my broken scanner on 8/11. still nothing from UPS other than they were shipping the package back to Randy after finding out when opening it that it powered on (doesn't recieve) So they sent it back to Randy. The radio was supposably being sent Fed Ex overnight yesterday, but I was advised by Fed Ex at 9:07am today that nothing is on any of it's trucks coming to me. So I have a dilemma. I shipped a pager which was recieved and I do not have. I recieved a broken scanner. UPS says they make good with the shipper. The shipper says they did/are going to send me a replacement scanner. Yet today 11 days later nothing. So I'm out the pager and the scanner. I'll let everyone know when it's replaced or the pager is returned or whatever happens. But right now I am not a happy camper.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
Hey All,
Got my replacement scanner today. Was a wait, but I must say through all of the
BS and some other problems Randy ran into in sending the unit to me (these problems were neither caused by Randy or Myself- however they did result in the replacement taking longer to get to me-the moral is you can only truly count on yourself to do things in this life) Anyways through all the BS, etc. Randy did me right and I now have a scanner that does work correctly and he made good. So would I do business with him in the future? Yes. Is he a good guy? yup. Is he an honest guy? yuppers. So I would do business with him and you guysd can too. Just watch out for the guys in brown - message complete. Thank you.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.