Tidewater Log items

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Not a lot to report from this trip, but a few were intriguing

Ranking #1:
464.500 [CSQ] strange Morse ID of "SANCREP" in the early afternoon and "SARCREP" toward evening. Because the scanner kicked in at "S" (3 dots) there's a chance that the first character could be 'B' or '7'--each of them end in 3 dots. A squelch glitch could've made me read an 'N' where there was really an 'R'. Also, the scanner tends to get hug up on this freq following the morse ID

467.775 [136.5] - in Newport News near Seafood Industrial Park. Sounds like maintenance for something that isn't planning to set sail in the next week or so. Have previously heard someone ID as a 'security officer' on 457.55 [136.5] to which 467.775 would be a repeater input. Am thinking maybe Talton Marine Terminal, where navy logistic ships are in layberth.
464.550 [67.0] - primary for Spirit of Norfolk harbor cruise. Capt. communicating with watch stander on the stern. (I haven't encountered this situation with them before, but the larger American Constitution may have been obstructing their normal view)
464.875 [d532] - heard at Portside/Waterside. Mention of 'west lobby'
461.2125 [d315] - talk about checking a dehumidifier. This is a new catch, but I noticed the cruise boat American Constitution docked at Waterside. Am pretty sure that I caught sister ship American Star on 462.7625 [d131] when she was at Half-Moon a while back. These are bay/ICW cruisers out of Baltimore, and may be using preprogrammed Motorola business freqs in their onboard radios.
151.925 [85.4] - Autovoice "Callbox 001 answer alarm" Heard all over the area, but strongest in Newport News. There are only a few licensees in the area, but one is Thomas Nelson Community College.

Am thinking that NATO Fest was going on in the park, but didn't hear anything on normal FestEvents freqs.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Eugene

You are right.......I was there also and heard nothing on fest events but noticed people with logo shirts and some with carts walking around with Moto HT and stubby ducks. When the 1st PCT TAC/Special events/Fire Admin7 were active...nothing heard on these radios and vice versa....when they were seen talking...nothing heard on the listed channels. Have to see what happens during Harborfest.

Eugene KG4AVE

Status
Not open for further replies.