TIII channel numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

morfis

Have had a search on here but without finding the info.

I have TIII control channel on 445.825MHz
Using DSDPlus Fastlane it shows:
TIII (MOT) Site:L1-1 DCC:0 RAS NL:2 3 4
L1-3; CC=31
L1-4; CC=41
L1-2; CC=15
voice calls on channels 11-14 (mainly on 12)

From scanning with a DV1:
445.9375 is 11/12
445.9875 is 13/14

I can't find any other TIII channels with voice or control data matching "L1-" (though there are a couple of freqs occasionally showing "T2-1.1 DCC:6")

It's obviously not a logical band plan type allocation.
Is there a way to find out the channel number that DSDPlus (or SDRTrunk) needs for the control channel frequency?

Kazzaw

Database Admin

Exactly what you need i believe - works perfectly for me

cg

Premium Subscriber
Try to find one of the other control channel freqs and monitor that one for L1-1 control channel in the Neighbors.
You can keep the program running and see what the channel activity window shows or more exactly, doesn't show. If you end up with a channel that shows only Slot 2, it would make sense that Slot 1 is the CC.

morfis

I can't find any other TIII channels with voice or control data matching "L1-" (though there are a couple of freqs occasionally showing "T2-1.1 DCC:6")
Try to find one of the other control channel freqs and monitor that one for L1-1 control channel in the Neighbors.
You can keep the program running and see what the channel activity window shows or more exactly, doesn't show. If you end up with a channel that shows only Slot 2, it would make sense that Slot 1 is the CC.

I was wrong about the T2-1.1 - that is a single frequency TIII system

however....my original comment about finding no more TIII that match the L1-1 stands

No other TIII systems to be found within my range

TheButcher

T = Tiny
L = Large

The number just after it is the "network ID". Read at the bottom of the file "DSDPlus.txt" (just above the bottom). The letter indicates the size of the network.

morfis

T = Tiny
L = Large

The number just after it is the "network ID". Read at the bottom of the file "DSDPlus.txt" (just above the bottom). The letter indicates the size of the network.

Indeed, now back to the original question..................

cg

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to find out the channel number that DSDPlus (or SDRTrunk) needs for the control channel frequency?

The only way to find it other than stumbling on it, is to get it from a neighbor site. It isn't transmitted by the CC or voice channels.
If you know the company involved, you might be able to determine where other sites might be located via internet searching ("we offer coverage in Town A, B, & C"). Then a mobile trip or reaching out to other users.

chris

morfis

Thanks Chris - that's what I suspected :(

The place the system has to cover wouldn't need more than one site which adds to my confusion.

Ubbe

What happens if you set 9/10 for the control channel frequency? Do DSDPlus really need the correct value for the control channel? When the conversation ends and the voice channel sends the radios back to the CC, does not the LSN number show somewhere in the program or in a log file?

DMRDecoder shows a lot of info. DMRDecoder

/Ubbe

morfis

What happens if you set 9/10 for the control channel frequency? Do DSDPlus really need the correct value for the control channel? When the conversation ends and the voice channel sends the radios back to the CC, does not the LSN number show somewhere in the program or in a log file?

DMRDecoder shows a lot of info. DMRDecoder

/Ubbe

Ubbe,
I can set the number to be anything that isn't used by another known frequency - it would be 'wrong' (and therefore annoying).

It's possible that Ian would be able to pick the signal up. He's further away than me but has a height advantage. DMRdecode has always shown that the colour code is 2 which is a problem - a DMR radio and DSDPlus both show it to be 0? It does show it to be a Large System and Site 1 which matches DSDPlus.

Normal logs over the past two weeks (it's not a new system, I hadn't looked at it before though) for DSD show:
Current network: L1 1,
Current site: L1-1
L1-1 neighbor: Site L1-3; CC=31
L1-1 neighbor: Site L1-2; CC=15
L1-1 neighbor: Site L1-4; CC=41

Over this weekend it changed to:
Current site: L1-5
Current site: L1-1 - site1

Today:
Current network: L2
Current site: L2-1.2

thewraith2008

DSD+ does not seem to show consistent network identification when it comes to TIII (MOT) or Capacity MAX.

You can see that DSD+ has identified it twice in your post.
Today:
Current network: L2
Current site: L2-1.2

It will sometimes see it as L1-1 and other times as L2-1.2
Work around is to use two records for it in .network, .sites and .frequencies.
I don't know why DSD+ goes against it's own convention for TIII (MOT).

I ended up modifying the original DSD code to handle it.

morfis

You can see that DSD+ has identified it twice in your post.

Three times if you include the L1-5 !

I'm not worried about creating a site entry for the incorrect (?) variants as it almost always swaps back to logging it as L1-1 withing a few seconds.
On one of the voice frequencies it sometimes shows L2-1.2 but on the other one it never has. The two known voice freqs and the control freq are all received from the same transmitter site.

Status
Not open for further replies.