Tillamook oregon scanner prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

fshndean38

OK here we go again. Tillamook county is analog ? if I am correct. I have a bct8 with an antenacraft st2 10' above my carport.
for some reason when I program the frequencies conventional my scanner picks up very little, now when I program the frequencies in Motorola trunk using vhf high I can pick stuff up from 40 plus miles away, coast guard coos bay Oregon and pack west Lincoln city Oregon plus all the police,fire coast guard inTillamook, but for some reason half the time I get dispatch loud and clear and not the cars, also the noaa over rides talk from dispatch talk at times, Noaa comes over on 156.800 channel 16 ? this is the coast guard frequency. this is when I program in trunk on vhf high, I am at a total loss here,
I do have the Radio shack FM filter inline one foot before going into my scanner.The owner at the local Radio Shack is trying to sell me a duel band Tram 1480 , he said that this will fix all my problems and that the antenna will pick up anything and everything plus air band ??? .
I do no that the bct8 has no pl tone setting so I don't no if this could be the problem.there must be something I am missing here.can someone please guide me in the right direction ? I do have the new bct15x on the way .

I did notice that on the database for Tillamook there is four of the same frequencies for sheriff department, do I need to program the freq four times ?
Is there something with repeaters or simplex that I am missing in programing analog conventional ?

Bct8 trunktrack 3
antennacraft st2 30' from scanner with fm filter
stock 50' coax that came with antenna

Anyone ?

Last edited:

fshndean38

Thanks

So I do need the pl tone number 103.5 along with Dispatch frequency ? the bct8 does not have pl so my new bct15x should be a good purchase.

thanks again for the reply,

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Programming in the PL tones will keep the scanner from stopping on random RF interference on the county frequencies. Since the marine VHF freqs don't have tones you might still get interference from them though.

fshndean38

I think the reception problems are due to the fact That I am so close to all the towers, its weird one day the noaa will come on coast guard frequency 156.8000 , so I would have to lock that freq out for a day.
on other days noaa will override police/sheriff dispatch 154.7250 . you can here both noaa weather and sheriff talk at the same time.
I did program all frequency's in conventional analog,
Could some sort of filter work ?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I don't believe the BCT8 can handle PL (or any other kind) tones in any case

It sounds like you're getting pounded by your local NOAA transmitter. You can get a filter to knock that out - PAR electronics can set that up for you. Dale is a member here, incidentally, and while you might pay a bit more, his service is second to none

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.