Tilt-over Vs. Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

delta_p

I am nearly decided to construct one of the tilt-over pole mounts in the backyard. Short of the old traditional method :twisted:, how (ideas) to keep the dog from eating the coax like it's a sausage biscuit? She'll dig a hole to China for it too. The part I am worried about is at the base of the pole.

PP

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
I am nearly decided to construct one of the tilt-over pole mounts in the backyard. Short of the old traditional method :twisted:, how (ideas) to keep the dog from eating the coax like it's a sausage biscuit? She'll dig a hole to China for it too. The part I am worried about is at the base of the pole.

PP

Hey PP,

Train your dog:D Anyyways back to the topic. You can use liquid tight metal flexible conduit or anything similiar, it is available at your local hardware and building centres.
Here is a link on what I am talking about. It does not say it is dog rated LOL....
http://www.acehardware.com/product/...454.2632222.2632245.2632250&parentPage=family

Edit:
Don't let that price scare you, just go there and you can get it buy the foot, and it is reasonably priced

You can put this right inside your mast so the little devil can't get to the cables.
Hope this helps
Ron

Last edited:

KC0QNB

Put an electric fence around it, run the coax above her reach, bury the coax inside pvc pipe. my dog is in a pen, 16x16 feet there abouts, she can't get to my coax. Fence the back yard set the mast outside the fence, shall I go on, or do you think you figured it out?
Of course there is the train your dog option, just seconded the previous post.

Last edited:

KC0QNB

tons.. I really think you did an excellent job on your mast project, it takes a lot to impress me I am impressed :p:p:p

delta_p

Train your dog:D Anyyways back to the topic. You can use liquid tight metal flexible conduit or anything similiar, it is available at your local hardware and building centres.
Here is a link on what I am talking about. It does not say it is dog rated LOL....
http://www.acehardware.com/product/...454.2632222.2632245.2632250&parentPage=family

I'm going to go to Ace and check out that stuff. Thanks.
Maybe I'll test a section for dog proofing :D. Anything to protect my coax from the persistent jaws of wrath.

BTW, thanks for the tilt-over idea and your description of it in the wiki.

PP

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
I'm going to go to Ace and check out that stuff. Thanks.
Maybe I'll test a section for dog proofing :D. Anything to protect my coax from the persistent jaws of wrath.

BTW, thanks for the tilt-over idea and your description of it in the wiki.

PP

Hi PP,
No problem and glad we can help. Thanks to everyone about the tilt-over, thats why we put things like this in the very helpful RR wiki so we all can get ideas!
Take care
Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.