HP-1: Time for 2 Uniden Homepatrol Fixes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Uniden ... your scanners are pretty good. But really, you need to up your game.

The RSSI (that bar thing) on the Homepatrol models is useless as you cannot read it (how about making them red or orange so you can see them move), and please display the time stamp at the top of the screen from the individual recordings on playback instead of the folder name.

Remember .. we just selected the folder for playback already .. showing it again is pointless. Time to do it right .. Whistler does. :D

bee

I have a "HP1", and 2, "HP2's" and I don't know what you are talking about.

Last edited:

Ubbe

The signal bars are white on a light grey background, almost impossible to read the signal strenght.

When replaying recordings is says "Replay" at the top, instead of a more usefull timestamp.
The 536's replay are also problematic as it says "replay mode" and the CURRENT time, instead of the recordings date/time stamp.

/Ubbe

SCPD

QRT
The signal bars are white on a light grey background, almost impossible to read the signal strenght.

When replaying recordings is says "Replay" at the top, instead of a more usefull timestamp.
The 536's replay are also problematic as it says "replay mode" and the CURRENT time, instead of the recordings date/time stamp.

/Ubbe

Thank you for getting it .. yes, you cannot see the RSSI, they need to fix it.
The time stamp of the file is what we need on playback not the folder name.

Mediocre is obviously ok for some.

rwier

And if someone comments about the BLCI at the upper right of the HP-1 screen, I'm gonna guess Battery Level Charge Indicator, lol.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
And asking whether to use or ignore GPS everytime the radio is turned on and the GPS is connected,

SCPD

QRT
And asking whether to use or ignore GPS everytime the radio is turned on and the GPS is connected,

I get it .. but that is not something that makes the unit near useless for doing the task, but more a nice to have. I can live with the little things, but the things I listed are things that they should have done on day 1 (or a firmware update a long time ago), particularly the meter that you cannot read.

I am a software developer .. I would fix all the items above for free. :D

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I get it .. but that is not something that makes the unit near useless for doing the task, but more a nice to have. I can live with the little things, but the things I listed are things that they should have done on day 1 (or a firmware update a long time ago), particularly the meter that you cannot read.

I am a software developer .. I would fix all the items above for free. :D

I like that! I only bring it up because it's a royal pain in the you know where in the car...but I get where you're coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.