Time off by an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
I was wondering if you guys could please fix the timezone settings so we can select "AUTOMATICALLY DETECT DST SETTINGS" in our control panel??

Its an hour fast and it really doesnt have to be if the proper maintenence is performed :)

I have my right timezone selected and when i choose AUTO DETECT,its an hour fast.....

Please fix the issue

Thank you :)

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if you guys could please fix the timezone settings so we can select "AUTOMATICALLY DETECT DST SETTINGS" in our control panel??

Its an hour fast and it really doesnt have to be if the proper maintenence is performed :)

I have my right timezone selected and when i choose AUTO DETECT,its an hour fast.....

Please fix the issue

The time shows correct for me with Auto Detect DST ticked.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Well it doesnt for me,so all the timezones are not set right.....

All the USA timezones use DST in the fall so the site shoulf auto adjust them (The staff shouldnt have to even look @ that)

Its still an hour off (+1)

SCPD

QRT
Dude!!! Where do you live?

Arizona (with the exception of the Navajo Nation) and Hawaii and the territories of Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam, and American Samoa are the only places in the U.S. that do not observe DST but instead stay on "standard time" all year long.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
I put it to OFF and hit SAVE then went back to the page and put it back to AUTO and its keeping the OFF settings now when before it wasnt.... This is very strange.... (Years ago we didnt have to do this,vbb sites worked correctly and auto adjusted the time on thier own if auto was selected)

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Where is the conspiracy theory???

I saw a dude111 thread and had to run and get some popcorn... Now i'm disappointed.

Anyway... Forum clock is right for me... I believe that all times on this site are in Central Time. At least I think it used to be that way... Anyway... the forum clock is fine for me.

fineshot1

I have always had this problem(same as Dude111) and when I complained
about several years back I was told I had something set wrong yet could
never find anything set wrong in my user cp.

Right now I have to have it set for central time(GMT -6) in order for the
correct time to be displayed but I am of course in fact on the east coast
so it is setup incorrectly in order for me to have the correct time displayed.

Auto DST detect is set to on.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Works fine for me, never had a problem with it.

Make sure everything is set correctly on your computer, including the time zone.

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Well it doesnt for me,so all the timezones are not set right.....
Yes they are. :lol:

I put it to OFF and hit SAVE then went back to the page and put it back to AUTO and its keeping the OFF settings now when before it wasnt.... This is very strange.... (Years ago we didnt have to do this,vbb sites worked correctly and auto adjusted the time on thier own if auto was selected)
It sounds more like your computer is not got the right time set. After all, the forum has no idea where you are or what time it is where you are. It only uses the time on the server and your time shows up what ever it is.

For example, I am going to post this at 12:37 PM CST. If you were in the east the posting time will show as 1:37 PM EST (providing your settings are correct). The site time is correct.

w2xq

Mentor

Please fix the issue

I wonder if you if are reading "Internet Time" from your provider or (if you are on a home network) router?

Assuming your computer is using Windows, try this for jollies. I'm using Windows XP so the steps below may be slightly different in a newer or older Windows version.

1. Open the the Control Panel and navigate to the "Date and Time" panel.
2. There should be three tabs: Date and Time, Additional Clocks, and Internet Time.
3. Click on the Internet Time tab; a new window opens.
4. The first line should say something like "This computer is set to automatically synchronize with 'time.nist.gov'. The second line begins "Next synchronization:..."
5. Click on the "Change Settings" button.
6. The Internet Time Settings window's second line has a checkbox and "Synchronize with an Internet time server."
7. If the checkbox is not checked, do so.
8. The "Server" drop-down list box should offer the choice of 5 servers (in XP, anyway).
9. I use time.nist.gov -- it feeds my network properly -- but all should work. Pick one, then click on the Update Now button.
10. The window should update and say "The clock was successfully synchronized with time.nist.gov on <date> at <current time>."
11. If the current date and time that you clicked the "Update Now" button is correct, click on OK and exit everything. The clock on your home screen should show the current time.
12. If not, repeat step 9 and pick a different time server.

If nothing works, check your router date and time as well. Open the web browser and enter "http://192.168.1.1/". Noodle through the router settings to find the date and time settings; the web page differs from provider to provider.

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
loumaag said:
It sounds more like your computer is not got the right time set.
Yup it does....My browser syncs my clock with a time server....

I have discovered what the possible answer is

Years ago vbulletin stupidly started using SCRIPTS to auto change people's time.. Well this isnt a problem UNLESS YOU HAVE SCRIPTS DISABLED!! (I usually always do (One VBB site i am on still doesnt use scripts though for the time change,they automatically adjust your time based on the zone you have selected! (No option for DST -- The site does it all (Must be custom))))

That was one dumb thing they did,another was v3.5 where they UNCHECKED "REMEMBER ME" ... Lots have had issues with logins since then cause they dont remember to check it!

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Auto Syncing your time will NOT set your time zone. Make sure your time zone is correct and that the auto DST box is ticked or not providing you updated with all the time zone updates that have been released since before they changed the DST start/stop times.

Being as nobody else is reporting this problem makes everyone think the problem is on your end.
I can disable scripting and the time is still fine for me.

Otherwise, I have no idea. Something could have become mucked up in your policy settings relating to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.