Sentinel: Time out error

Kaf602

Premium Subscriber
Have been using Sentinel with no issues. With two different laptops I get the Operation time out error and cannot update database or software? Anyone know the fix?

Kaf602

Premium Subscriber
Did this ever work? What changed since it worked?

Initial guess would be your ISP is blocking FTP which Sentinel uses to retrieve database and firmware updates.
Yes. Worked with no issues. Now it cannot connect to server without time out. How do you get the ISP to not block it ?

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
Yes. Worked with no issues. Now it cannot connect to server without time out. How do you get the ISP to not block it ?
Get a different ISP :rolleyes: I doubt you'll have any success in requesting this of your ISP. Did you change provider recently? Who is your provider?

Try using your smart phone as a hot-spot and connect from your PC to hot-spot, then try Sentinel while using this.

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
Did this ever work? What changed since it worked?

Initial guess would be your ISP is blocking FTP which Sentinel uses to retrieve database and firmware updates.

If one used a VPN, I imagine your ISP wouldn't have a clue about what to block, because they should have no idea that you're using FTP. There are many different VPN's like The best online VPN service for speed that have a free trial period. You have nothing to lose by checking it out.

Kaf602

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. I’ll wait until the system change in what I’m listening to happens in May, and then go the vpn route.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Thanks for the info. I’ll wait until the system change in what I’m listening to happens in May, and then go the vpn route.
If it was me I'd figure it out now so you aren't in a panic in May trying to get it working...but that's just me.