Timmins Emergency - PD, FD & EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClemeRo1

Premium Subscriber
For those who are wondering the frequencies for emergency services are as follow:
- police - 142.485
- fire - 153.740
- EMS - 149.440 (only dispatching)
- 413.76250 (Timmins area)
- 129.275 (Air Ambulance)

ClemeRo1

Premium Subscriber
repeater for Timmins and Area EMS

Does anyone know a repeater for Timmins and Area EMS? I have 413.76250 but it's not clear at times.
Please advise. Thanks!

Last edited:

ClemeRo1

Premium Subscriber
On Timmins PD frequency I hear a lot of time ''I'm of to city shop'' and ''I'm off at the store front''. What does the 2 expressions mean.

SCPD

QRT
Timmins EMS will use the 5 standard EMS repeater channels used throughout the province. I know they're in the database somewhere... Primary EMS Operations are on FleetNet Zone 4.

Does Timmins PD have a substation in a local shopping mall? If so, that's probably what both expressions refer to.

ClemeRo1

Premium Subscriber
Timmins EMS will use the 5 standard EMS repeater channels used throughout the province. I know they're in the database somewhere... Primary EMS Operations are on FleetNet Zone 4.

Does Timmins PD have a substation in a local shopping mall? If so, that's probably what both expressions refer to.

Timmins Police only have one station in downtown Timmins

ClemeRo1

Premium Subscriber
On the EMS repeater, often my scanner stops on a channel and I can hear static. It can last up to 10, 20 seconds then the scanner resure scanning. Can someone tell me what I can do to eliminate it. Why it does that. I think it's probably interference but with what?

hypersight

On the EMS repeater, often my scanner stops on a channel and I can hear static. It can last up to 10, 20 seconds then the scanner resure scanning. Can someone tell me what I can do to eliminate it. Why it does that. I think it's probably interference but with what?

Program in the CTCSS tone. I believe the tones for each VR are in the database.

ClemeRo1

Premium Subscriber
What is the frequency for Timmins FD channel 2? They were doing a water rescue and a firefighter said we'll go to channel 2 for communication. I was just wondering if anyone knew whet it was? It's not in the Cochrane County database.

DaveH

What is the frequency for Timmins FD channel 2? They were doing a water rescue and a firefighter said we'll go to channel 2 for communication. I was just wondering if anyone knew whet it was? It's not in the Cochrane County database.

You could use the search function as suggested, it often turns up things you
would never know about otherwise.

Go here and try a search using "Timmins fire" as a name. It returns a whack of
frequencies, for which I have no idea of the real usage, but that's your starting
point.

Licensee Name Search | Spectrum Direct | Industry Canada

Dave

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
So you didn't get 51 records retrieved when you searched for Timmins Fire? I just did.

It's not going to come out and say "FD Channel 2" .. you have to do a bit of sleuthing on your own. There are so many frequencies returned because there has to be a license for every radio using the system, so there's a license for the actual repeater site (presumably "Channel 1"), then a license for all the radios that use that set of frequencies.. etc and so on.

Compare the unique frequencies (non-duplicates) found in the TAFL listing with what's in the RR database and what you have learned by scanning your local area. If you have anything left over, that's probably the best place to start searching for the elusive "Channel 2".

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
EDIT: Channel 2 could also be simplex using the repeater output of channel 1, not going through the repeater. This is sometimes used if repeater reception is poor, or if the radio users don't want their conversation blabbed all over the countryside. This is commonly known as "talkaround" as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.