Timmins, Ontario PD, FD, EMS and OPP codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClemeRo1

Premium Subscriber
This morning I heard someone who was looking CDSA. I know that means Canadian Drug and Substance Act. So Does it mean that the guy looked stoned or on drug?

Please advise.

ClemeRo1

Premium Subscriber
Haven't have a answer from TPS for the meaning of code 10-0? I heard it again. The dispatcher says ''It was 10-0 for now'' It is used in a 10-90 (monitoring alarm compagny calls to advise that an alarm whent off).

Please advise!

Muxlow

Super Secret
What is 10-66? My sheet says Subject Under Observation. Does that mean the police are like.. watching them or something? I hear from time to time OPP run someone and they come back 10-66.. but they never say what for or anything
Just wondering what thats all about

ClemeRo1

Premium Subscriber
Muxlow I was wondering the same thing. 2 questions: Opp unit that begins with ''4 Alfa'' are from witch region? and On the Northeastern OPP frequency I hear ''North Bay 4 Lima (unit number)'' a lot of time. Why do they say North Bay? They're not calling NB OPP. The Dispatch is in South Porcupine.

SCPD

QRT
The OPP PCC (Provincial Communciations Centre) for NE Ontario (FleetNet Zone 3) is in North Bay. The South Porcupine detachment does not provide dispatch services.

SCPD

QRT
North Bay dispatches all of NE Ontario (major centres are North Bay, Sudbury, Sault Ste Marie & Timmins). There are towers located throughout the area (see Bell FleetNet Zone 3 for tower locations and frequencies). Dispatch is connected to the system using T1 lines and the towers are connected using a combination of T1 lines and microwave hops. You're hearing the dispatcher from North Bay transmitting off the tower you're scanning. In theory, you could dispatch from anywhere in the world. You will only hear a transmission if there is a mobile unit (cruiser) affiliated to the tower you're scanning and with its radio on the talkgroup you are monitoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.