Timmins, Ontario PD, FD, EMS and OPP codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClemeRo1

Premium Subscriber
I was monitoring the local police frequency (142.485) and I came across a couple of terms that I am not familiar with. Can someone tell me what they mean. They are:

- ADL
- HDB
- MLA
- TNI
- CNI
- LLA

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
ADL probably means A DL which is a drivers license. HDB is actually HBD - Has Been Drinking, MLA is probably MHA which is Mental Health Act, TNI - haven't a clue about that, you probably meant CNI which u listed, which is Criminal Name Index. And LLA is liquor License Act...

I was monitoring the local police frequency (142.485) and I came across a couple of terms that I am not familiar with. Can someone tell me what they mean. They are:

- ADL
- HDB
- MLA
- TNI
- CNI
- LLA

ClemeRo1

Premium Subscriber
meaning of VTAC

I was listening to Timmins EMS and a paramedic said the word 'VTAC'. I'm a beginner at scanning so does anyone have an idea of its meaning?

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Or perhaps CTAS?
Read below

http://tsh.to/patients/pat_ec_triage.aspx

Basically:
You are dead if you come in CTAS Level 1

You are having a heart attack, need medical attention immediately if you are CTAS 2.

You broke your leg or are having a kidney stone(Personal experience) if you are CTAS 3
CTAS 4 and five means you are gonna live and wait in Emerg if the hospital is busy.

ClemeRo1

Premium Subscriber
Thansk roop. Now I have another one. What does ''VSA Patient'' mean? Heard it on EMS and FD frequency.

Please advise. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.