Timmins police simplex ch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc1990

Does anyone know what it is? Ch. 3 wasn't working so they switch to the Simplex channel. It's not the dispatch ch, the old simplex ch, Police PCom, Ch. 3 or OPP SIM02. I had my scanner on CloseCall when searching and it never picked up a thing. Try Google search and came up with noting.

Help.

SCPD

QRT
Hello.

I believe the SIM channel they were using was: 141.585 with a CTCSS of: 127.3

Maybe if they do the same thing again another day and they say they are going to a SIM channel, then try that one.

Coolguy

rc1990

Thanks Idlemonitor, i will try.that.. Coolguy, the old simplex ch. I was refering to was 141.585. That's the old SIM ch which is no longer active (according to someone one this thread) but i still had it programed into my scanner just in case and i heard nothing on it. So it's not it. 143.595 (ch 3) has taken the place of the simplex.

dvdbir

All depends where you were located when they switched to SIM too. They are using the Channel 3 repeater alot going up Kamiskotia Highway, and if the repeater was down, and they switched to SIM, it is a low power channel and you may not be able to receive them from there.

rc1990

Thanks for that info Mike, I had no idea.

What is the usual range of a simplex channel? I live not even 0.5 km form where they were.

dvdbir, I sent you an PM,

Status
Not open for further replies.