Tippecanoe county trunking problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HikerGPS

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

Occasional lurker, first time poster...

I tried searching and looking around to no avail.

About 2 days ago my Pro-94 stopped trunking - all I can do now is scan as if I scan with a non-trunking scanner. I would like to rule out scanner failure if possible, but I know these things fail from time to time. I double checked to make sure I have all the appropriate data channels and other trunked frequancies. Anyone see similar behavior?

I typically monitor Purdue most of the day (it stays on in my office - IT Manager), but also listen in on LPD, WLPD, TCPD, and LFD.

If I can confirm that all is well with their systems, then the culprit is my radio...

Thanks.

Go-24

I have noticed a couple times during storms they are likely to lose their system and move to backup, but all seems well at this moment. I am listening in on them now in fact.

HikerGPS

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the confirmation!

Looks like I'll be spending some time reprogramming to see if that solves my problem. Hmmm, now where did I put that manual...? :)

TippeTrunker2

Premium Subscriber
The Tippecanoe County System did go into a fail mode during the storms this week. They immediatly switched to the State Back Up on the Safe-T System. County Fire was still being dispatched on both VHF and Safe-T. When this happens you will hear a distinctive beeping on some, if not all the 800 Mhz Frequencies on the system that failed. The talkgroups won't show up. I keep the Tippecanoe Co State Back Up loaded in a different bank just for this type of failure. They are using Analog on the Safe-T System and are easily monitored. At times when they go up State Road 25 they use the State Back Up for coverage in a "shadowed" area of the Tippecanoe Co System.

Status
Not open for further replies.