Tippecanoe - Sys 1 & 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go-24

Anyone else notice how there truly is no speration of usage between system 1 & 2? I seem to always hear system 2 channels on system 1 frequencies.

The layout of emergency and non emergency services for each system seems like a great idea, why the $&#! dont they use it that way?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Well System 2 used to be the primary with all the talkgroups for public service in Motorola type II id's and municipal/schools/animal control in type i id's until the new system came along.

By the way someone submitted that system 1 now uses P25. Encrypted traffic I have heard in the past even when it was a type IIi, but I have only heard P25 from the TEAS units at the Purdue football games using I-call. Other than that, I've never heard talkgroup 16 or 24. Any ideas? I even have the old trunker.exe group and Id files that didn't show those talkgroups.

Bacon?, Go-24?

Go-24

Yes, I hear Sheriffs Drug-Operations; TG 160 on P25 on tippecanoe county system 1. They aren't active all the time maybe every few days - I posted a thread about it not too long ago. I haven't heard anything from 16 or 24; but as often as I hear LPD complain about their radios, I bet it wont be too much longer before they all go digital.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Go-24 said:
Yes, I hear Sheriffs Drug-Operations; TG 160 on P25 on tippecanoe county system 1. They aren't active all the time maybe every few days - I posted a thread about it not too long ago. I haven't heard anything from 16 or 24; but as often as I hear LPD complain about their radios, I bet it wont be too much longer before they all go digital.

Interesting, talkgroup 160 is not even close to the talkgroup 29104 that often uses encrypted traffic on system 1...

As for going all digital, I have a hard time thinking that will happen any time soon. They already cut the budget to build the SAFE-T site for Purdue. The frequencies were even licensed and alocated. Only a few P25 radios were purchased for the existing system. If you just use P25 to chit chat at the football game, how can you justify that? It won't solve the dead spot problem on SR25 unless the use the existing SAFE-T tower at SR43 near Battleground. Then the Tipp. backup talkgroups are analog, anyway.

Go-24

They (someone) just updated the database to address the sys 1 + 2 issue. (thanks)

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Yep that was me, but it was Bacon's Idea :) Thanks to him for helping us get it the way it should be! If anyone can help with TG's on System II , feel free to submit them :)

bacon

scanner_freak said:
Yep that was me, but it was Bacon's Idea :) Thanks to him for helping us get it the way it should be! If anyone can help with TG's on System II , feel free to submit them :)

Thanks, scanner_freak,

We definately need more help getting System 2 TGs: new ones and confirming some of those I submitted. I had been reluctant to submit them in the past because I couldn't confirm exactly what they were. After seeing the system 2 TG posted in the system 1 database I thought it was about time to let RR know what I had. Probably will not be able to confirm some school TGs until school starts in the fall but I find it very difficult to monitor school TG's for long periods ...if you know what I mean :)

On System 1, besides TG 160, I have also heard P25 traffic on TG 48. I believe the lower numbered TGs were reserved in anticipation of the system going digital. They seem to be testing now and using P25 for surveillance. I was also reluctant to submit surveillance frequencies in the past but since I hear they are using some encryption now I don't think it's such a big deal.

Go-24

Thanks bacon and scanner_freak - it looks a lot better already!

I will listen in to system 2 and see if I can identify anything.

Go-24

Well after a week and a half of listening to system 2 I have heard most of the talkgroups currently listed plus quite a few additional talkgroups, but haven’t conclusively identified them yet.

It seems like LSC isn't using the system very efficiently. I have heard the same department/people using 3-4 different talkgroups.

I also heard TG 16 & TG 24 (ENC) digital last night on system 1. I first heard 24 garble and immediately after 16 saying "call me at that number". So I am pretty sure it was the same people using both of those talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.