Tips to setting up the whistler 1065

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzems2

A little aggravated with this scanner. I wouldn't have bought it had I known it didn't include programming software. I snooped around enough to find WIN500, but it won't download on my computer without making my Norton security go nuts. Heck, I'd even program it manually if I knew what I was supposed to enter anywhere to get talkgroups set up. Not sure how to enter talkgroups, and frankly this owners manual sucks. Can anyone help me out with the new programming for DaneCom in Dane County, WI.? Or, help me find a good download to use.

Rick

Delta33

Go to the Wisconsin forum, they can better help you get started. It can be done without software, no worries.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
These 2 articles from our wiki should get you going (all links are blue). At the bottom of the first article are links to the Easier to Read manual, and on Win500.

Getting Started with your GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanners FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki

You've got a premium subscription, you should be able to download what you need into Win500 from our database - or you can go over to our Wisconsin forum and ask for a .p500 Win500 file for your area.

HTH...Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It seems that DaneCom is pretty new - here's the database entry for it

DaneCom Trunking System, Madison, Wisconsin - Scanner Frequencies

Oh and by the way - that first link I gave also has a shortcut page for programming your scanner manually (since you asked in the Wisconsin forum...). Even though the link mentions the PSR-500 and 600, your scanner is really a rebadged version of the PSR-600, so the instructions will apply

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.