Tipton County Digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard anything about Tipton County going to digital for SO? The reason I ask is that about 2 weeks ago I heard a deputy transmission that said something like unable to copy, too much noise, go to the digital channel. Any info would be appreciated as I am just trying to keep up with technology.
Thanks, Andy

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
They must have TACN Radios, as none of the newest licenses show digital modulations. They DO have a massive new UHF license, all analog narrowband:

WPXE865

460.0750 Brighton
460.3750 Brighton
460.2250 Covington
460.3750 Covington
453.5625 Covington
460.3625 Covington
453.3875 Brownsville
460.0375 Brownsville
453.1875 Durmmonds
453.6625 Durmmonds

The lic says its all for the SO, but untill we have someone copy traffic I can't verify that yet. I know 3 of them are already active for SO and PD's.... Anyone local can ID usage for them all would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

ka4bni

Feed Provider
They are not on the TACN system. We do not have coverage in that area yet. I had heard they were exploring the option of Mototrbo with the local radio shop. Haven't heard anything definite though.

johnoconnor98

Premium Subscriber
I heard a while back that ICI in Memphis had them going to Trbo. I haven't heard anything else about it until now.

I heard the same rumor for Tipton County Sheriff. UHF MotoTrbo.
Completely unofficial, just a comment from a third hand source.
No word on if it's going to be for the Sheriff only, or if any Cities/Fire/etc will be on it.

johnoconnor98

Premium Subscriber
There is ZERO coverage from TACN in Tipton County.

Though I imagine that to change soon. What good does it do to have coverage in Shelby, Lauderdale, Dyer, and Lake Counties and leave your people dark if they are in Covington or traveling through Tipton?

INDY72

OK if we can have someone take a listen to those UHF freqs I posted and see if you hear digital sounds on em, that will verify they went DMR for us and I can list it properly in the DB. From the way the freqs and licensing is done, EMA and SO will be on it, and Fire and EMS will not thus far.... FIRE has renewed the VHF licenses for narrowband. If you also log analog traffic, please list the tones and what they are calling the freq if you hear it. TY In advance!

fireEmt5281

453.5625 no subaudible displayed. Appears to be digital. Had to remove delay, hangs up with a clicking sound similar to Collierville's LTR Passport system.
No activity on other new freqs.
460.37500 still active, as are other 460.07500, 154.19000, 154.38500.

ka4bni

Feed Provider
TACN in Tipton Co

There is ZERO coverage from TACN in Tipton County.

Though I imagine that to change soon. What good does it do to have coverage in Shelby, Lauderdale, Dyer, and Lake Counties and leave your people dark if they are in Covington or traveling through Tipton?

TACN - West TN is not scheduled for build out until late summer 2014. The sites in operation right now were purchased, by TEMA through grant money, sometime back to kick start the system. They were installed on tower sites where TEMA or THP had 700/800 mhz antennas.
TACN will eventually reach all counties in West TN. The build out is currently in the Cookeville district right now.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
TACN - West TN is not scheduled for build out until late summer 2014. The sites in operation right now were purchased, by TEMA through grant money, sometime back to kick start the system. They were installed on tower sites where TEMA or THP had 700/800 mhz antennas.
TACN will eventually reach all counties in West TN. The build out is currently in the Cookeville district right now.

Can you advise when the Nashville and Lawrenceburg districts will switch over to TACN?

OK, there is digital on 453.5625 and 453.6625. I also observed that the transmissions are simultaneous with the SO frequency (460.3750). And I agree with FireEMT, there is continuous clicking when there is no traffic. It is almost like a timekeeping key? I guess I need to try out DSD?
Appreciate everyone's help, Andy

INDY72

TY, that confirms usage of DMR. So from the timing of the transmissions, per the descriptions of you guys, this sounds like the line up....

460.3750 SO Analog Dispatch (All locations)
453.5625 SO Digital Dispatch (at least one slot, Covington)
453.6625 SO Digital Dispatch (at least one slot, Drummonds)
I will work on setting up the new line up later today.

Still need confirmation on
453.3875 Brownsville
460.0375 Brownsville
453.1875 Drummonds
460.3625 Covington
460.2250 Covington

Am thinking that at least one of each at every location is for EMA.

Once we get someone with DSD, and DMRDecode running, we should get a better picture of color codes, and what each time slot is used for.

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

OK guys, how does the new set up look as far as it goes for now? If you guys confirm that the OPS freqs I have are DMR, let me know, and if they run analog, please do verify tones, and usage.

TCSO Digital Update

Alright, I have DSD+ running sucessfully.....not so much on DMRdecode. It is definately TRBO and all that seems to be transmitting is the TCSO Dispatch. I've also identified another digital (TRBO)frequency, 453.1875.

INDY72

Hopefully you get Decode running, that way we can get Slots down, Color Codes etc... TY for everything so far. Having fun learning the new software etc? And at least they aren't running encrypted.

OK, I was able to get DMR decode running (funny how easy it was after updating JAVA). I am still learning what it all means. Be advised yesterday at about 1045am, there was a transmission to "go to your private channel on digital" and the simultaneous TCSO dispatch transmissions ceased. Also the Covington frequency is showing LCN3 and LCN4 however I still have only received activity on 453.1875....
Last night I received about 40 seconds of radio checks.......change appears to be occuring.

I will keep monitoring..............

INDY72

Once you have both DMR Decode and DSD or DSD+ figured out, it will show you pretty much everything that is going on. I have a feeling that the private channels are the mobiles only or "car to car/tactical" ones... Or maybe a freq in specific locations... In any case we will get it figured out. I will look in the newest data and see if there are any new licenses etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.