Tipton County Digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka4bni

Feed Provider
I talked to a tech with a local Motorola shop in Jackson, TN yesterday. He will be installing a Mototrbo control station Monday to the Tipton Co SD's consoles to access the Trbo system. From the way he talked they should migrate completely over to Trbo soon after that.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Figured the full transition would be soon. Anyword on if they will keep an analog on the main dispatch available, or just the TNMA's?

UPDATE: I've still been monitoring and here is what I've seen. It appears that only 1 frequency on Drummonds Tower and 1 on Covington is transmitting. Over the last few days, I've seen a couple keys but no audio other that the key itself (possible a accidental bump). They were radio ids I had seen previously on DMR Decode.

I have yet to make it over towards Brownsville to verify operation of that site.

Also yesterday I heard dispatch state that Covington PD was switching over to thier digital frequency due to some repeater work. I never heard any transmissions though.

I'll keep monitoring and keep all advised....

Andy out.....

New Info: It appears that I was missing Covington PD as they are operating on what appears to be Conventional Single site mode on 460.3625(digital). There seems to be constant complaints from officers and dispatchers on the clarity and audio drop out.

ki4gyw

Premium Subscriber
Covington PD were suppose to be on a conventional DMR repeater the rest of Tiption Co. is LCP basically at the Southwest Tower locations. TCSO is suppose to have GPS running in enhanced mode also.

ka4bni

Feed Provider
I was in a local Motorola shop in Jackson yesterday. They are configuring consoles and control stations for the Tipton Co. departments. Looks like they are about finished and nearing the install time.

T-County update:
It appears that 460.0750 (digital) has shifted to single site mode for Atoka, Munford, Brighton, and Mason. They seem to be still tweaking system as many transmissions have to be repeated due to distortion.

Enjoy listening!!!! Thanks to DSD+

SCPD

QRT
Local law enforcement ( Atoka,Mumford,Mason,Brighton) are all using a Single Digital site. CovingtonPD Uses a single digital site of their own. TCSO and other county entities Use a Three site LCP, with plans to expand. None are running encryption on primary channels as of yet.I have been told that all radios currently operating have the latest and greatest firmware updates to date and with talk of a mostly all channel encryption coming down the pike, motorola is slowly putting a nail in the scanning coffin.

INDY72

Yes running a line out from discriminator tap to your computer, and using DMR Decode, DSD+ etc...

INDY72

Hey guys, once all the Color Codes (CC) and Timing Slot usage is verified, please submit them.

bc780l

Premium Subscriber
Just a reminder and a request, although I realize it may already have been mentioned, but to be clear:

When running DMR Decode and submitting data for the database, please capture the Time Slot (1 or 2), Color Code (0-15), and Group ID (1-16777215). DMR radios (such as the CS700 and perhaps future scanners) will need all three of these items to listen to the channel. (DSD+ does not, however.)

To help with DMR Decode, its output format is:
>Time, Color Code used, Group Call type, Group ID called, Unit ID calling, Timeslot used, Service options.

An example output line:
>Jul 07, 2014,11:59:00 AM,1,Group Voice Call to Group, 1042, 22701, 2, Service Options : Non-emergency/Broadcast/No priority

Would mean:
Color Code 1, Call to Group #1042, transmitted by Unit ID 22701, on Timeslot 2

A good data report submittal for this frequency would therefore be:
455.0000, CC 1, Grp 1042, TS 2

Hope that helps. (Great minds think alike and sometimes at the same time.)

bc780l

Premium Subscriber
You can install a discriminator tap very easily. The tap point is even silkscreened on the circuit board. Do a search of the forums and you'll find simple procedures and photos.

Steve,
I would start with the digital voice decoding forum area and do some reading through there (especially looking for DSD and SDR# listings). You can use other SDR applications but I found SDR# easy to use).
Good luck and have fun with it, Andy

// UPDATE // Appears that there is another Tipton TRBO frequency that I overlooked. WQAS333 453.7875/458.7875 Fixed location in Brighton. The FCC data base also shows the frequency as expired however I wonder if there is a recent filing that has not posted?

johnoconnor98

Premium Subscriber
OK, I finally got an RTL stick I can put on my laptop when I'm driving around the country and do some digital scanning. (it must have literally been on a slow boat from China, I ordered two USB sticks before Halloween!)

What freqs do I need to listen on for the Tipton County Digital?

I've just got the little mag mount that comes with the usb stick. I got the Zadig drivers to load and have SDR# running and can listen to analog so far. Still have to figure out the digital voice, I assume the DSD+ means it's better than DSD?

John, Look at post #2 and 38 on this string for frequencies. Of course Covington and Atoka are on their own "stand alone". As far as using a laptop with little antenna, I was not very successful due to noise. A bigger tuned mag mount would likely work better. Good luck and have fun with it.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.