• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK-2312 Master Reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheezy

Hi guys, this is my first post, so please bear with me and I'll give a little background. I have been searching like crazy trying to learn as much as possible and decided I should finally join as this site comes up a lot when I'm searching google.

I am an offroad racer and we use TK-790H units in our race vehicles and support vehicles. We have a great company PCI program them. Very expensive units, and full of features so I let them handle making sure they are perfect; especially when our lives are on the line.

HOWEVER, I recently purchased a USED TK-2312 for when I'm just spectating to hear the what we call "Weatherman Feed" which is essentially emergency services for our races. So I literally bought an old pc with serial port the software and a cable to program it myself. It's something I've wanted to learn how to do for a long time but always feared I would mess up the very expensive 790s.

I finally got everything hooked up and talking to eachother, however, it tells me there is a password to either download or upload to it!!!! SO FRUSTRATED!

SO - Is there a way to master reset this unit? I contacted the people that sold it to me and they suggested taking it to a Kenwood dealer to have it reset. Seems kinda silly that I should have to pay to have it reset when I have the software and cable here.

ANY HELP is greatly appreciated.

wheezy

An update: I received a code from the seller - it was the READ code. Which allowed me to read from the radio. So at least I know it wasn't stolen; which is great news!

However, there was a different code for the WRITE. You gotta be kidding me. She didn't know what it was. However, a little hacker trick i used and was able to figure it out. Using an awesome little tool called "ShowPassword v2.6" simply hovering over the "data passwords WRITE password" (usually just shows the *****) it revealed the write password to me.

It WORKED!!! got my new radio all dialed in and ready for the races this weekend.

I'll have more questions in the future I'm sure. Thanks for letting me into your site. See you around!

Status
Not open for further replies.